Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Crankshaft Height Sovereign engines

haykarenhardy

Am looking for re-power engines for a 7100 series tractor. Need crankshaft height and diameter of OEM engines and overall height and width that would fit in a 7100 frame without lengthening frame or hood modifications. There are some clones both diesel and gas available but I need to know what size the 7100 frames will accommodate.

Thank you

Stan

Honda GX620 and Briggs Vanguards need spaced up 7/8" like the Kohler Triad. Simplicity still sells the Triad plate or you can space it up with steel stock.

The K series, KT series and Magnum series Kohlers do not need spaced up. Neither does the Briggs cast iron engines.

Kohler Command doesn`t need any spacing. If your 7100 frame is from a 7117 or 7119 you will not need to modify the frame. The side rails are already cut down to accept the KT`s. If it is from any of the single cylinder engines you more than likely need to do some cutting.

Small Engine Warehouse use to sell kits to put twin cylinder Kawasaki`s in them as well. Pretty much any twin cylinder small engine will fit that I am a ware of. Unless you get into the ridiculous HP engines. 18hp to 20hp is plenty of power for these tractors.

The base mount to C/S C/L dimension on Briggs 24, 30 and 32 CID engines is 6.127/6.152" on Kohler KT an8 Magnum engines , 6.125".

I assume the Vertical K engine 10 thru 16 HP engine mounting dimensions are the same as the KT/Magnum. Shaft sizes on the KT and Magnums and K360's are 1.125" . The rest of the Kohler inline's are 1", I believe and all of the Briggs are 1.00"

Thanks for the information, Ray and Bob. I need to start looking for a replacement engine for the 7112, it has no engine but does have the frame cut out for twins and the rubber doughnut drive shaft adapter, I just needed some dimensions without pulling one of my engines just to measure crankshaft height. I can do wiring and muffler changes long as I don't need to modify frames and hoods.

Stan

I STILL can't for the life of me figure out how Ray and Bob know the answers to just about EVERY single question asked.?

IMO, ther is no doubt that you guys along with several others are the Heart and Soul of what this site is about and it would not be the same without you! AMAZING dOd

As an FYI, not all of the Magnums were 1.125" shafts. My M18QS is a 1" shaft, M20 and the KT's I had were 1.125"

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

I STILL can't for the life of me figure out how Ray and Bob know the answers to just about EVERY single question asked.?IMO, ther is no doubt that you guys along with several others are the Heart and Soul of what this site is about and it would not be the same without you! AMAZING dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">One of the biggest / best traits of good leadership is not knowing all the answers, but rather knowing where to find them and the willingness to go looking.Ray and Bob are both great examples. Though by now, I'd bet most if it is knowledge and not so much searching anymore.

Now you guys got Ray and Bob blushing. But be careful. Too much more of the accolades, and they will both be impossible to live with!:D

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Ray and Bob are both great examples. Though by now, I'd bet most if it is knowledge and not so much searching anymore.

id="quote">
id="quote">You wanna bet?:D

I stand corrected Brett! Lol

I am kissing up to Bob because a guy never knows when he might need help with a problem and the solution (Bob) lives nearby! ;)

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

They are a plethora of information! And characters!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">I have occasionally been told that being a character is not a substitute for having character.^