Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint

garyb

Since i'm new here Iwill be asking a lot of questions. I have a 5212.5H I do know it is the old Simplicity Orange, my question is can I still order the older colors or is there a paint code that it can be mixed by at an auto paint supply place.

Welcome to the club!

If yours was made after 08/01/1989 the paint is called Deep Orange. Simplicity part number 1685612 for quarts and 1685611 for spray cans and is still available at the Simplicity dealer.

Between 07/01/88 - 08/01/89 was powder orange and is available again. They stopped making it for a while. Quarts are part number 1685591 and spray cans are 1685591.

12/1/85 - 7/1/88 they used classic orange which is NLA.

They made the 5212.5H for 3 years 1987 through 1990 according to my manuals and had 3 different colors of orange that they used.

No paint codes but you could have it matched at a auto paint retailer.

"No paint codes but you could have it matched at a auto paint retailer."

Ray,

Since both of my 4212Gs were members of that same ""graduation class",

I have used (I am a rattle can Fan) The Rustolium Chevy Orange Engine Enamal. I last used it when I rebuilt the spindle on my 36" deck and it is very good match. Might be a little off if you were to subject it to reflectometer analysis. I should still have a can in my winter paint vault in the basement, to look up the number. I can PM the Part# or UPC# to Gary.

This is link to an excerpt of my 2110 restoration project, where I slipped off to work on that spindle...

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120645&whichpage=3

Cheers,

And have a GR8 holiday weekend

Wayne