Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity and loader

DanielB

Hi all, I just want to say that I enjoy this site very much and apprecite all the interest in my project. I throught I would take some time and answer some of the questions that where raised in post 5784. The wheels on my 3112H are (as far as I know) origanal, they where on the tractor when I perchased it. The tractor has the wide 10.5" tires on the back and widder tires on the front also. The area this tractor will be used has soft sand like a beach and I throught the bigger tires would work better. SmilinSam answered the tire question (thanks). As for the colors used, well I guess it pays to have a cheep digital camera. The tractor is origanal paint but it's not too bad. The loader and weight box was painted with Chevy orange/red. The bucket is a darker red for now. When I get my new digital camera I will take more pictures and post them in the gallery. As for plans or factory setup, well....The loader is an AC L-10 repainted. The sub-frame for this hydro tractor took some time to design and construct. I tried to adapt the L-10 sub-frame parts I had to the tractor first but couldn't get the front wheels to clear (plus it was a bit short anyway). Started over and now the whole sub-frame and weightbox is new. I will post how I built the frame as soon as I figure a way to post a CAD drawing with detail that is readable. (anyone know how to convert hpgl,eps or dxf file to jpeg or ??). Now for the bad news. The tractor is unlikely to be in the area for the show. As it is, when I move it, I have to do it in two parts (basic tractor and loader)because it doesn't fit in my truck plus it's too heavy. But you never know. Thanks, Dan

Hey Dan, The best way to convert an autocad *.dwg or *.dxf drawing is with a scanner. I've tried lots of programs and if you can print out to an "A" size (8.5x11) and scan it that works best cuz you can choose the resolution. Just my 2 cents. Paul

Dan, You probably already know this but you can save as a picture in autocad. It does your view or size you choose. Go to "Tools" then to "Display" then to "save". Beamer

I believe the stuck exhaust valve is the problem and is very common with engines that sit. It's rusted in place. Pull the head and tap it loose. No sledge hammer please. Woody