Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bladeless in Canada

DorneyMA1

HHHHHELP
Trying to find the correct blades for AC mower deck serial # 04203049. No one locally can help. The deck measures 48" but the blade dimensions spec more like a 42". The problem seems to be the 7/8" center hole of the blades. Can anyone help??? What is this deck and do you know where to find blades.

Hi, If you have a deck off an AC 300 or 400 series check a post on June 20, Re:Mower on AC312H prat #s provided. I posted the part numbers for both 42 and 48" 300 and 400 series decks blades and belt #s. If this doesn't help, ask again. Good luck, Al

Dean,
As they say at the auto parts store, "Wutz dat offa?"
Without the Mfg number of the deck or the tractor model, it's hard to tell what you have. Sim/A-C blades are normally easy to ID. Is that perhaps from a 300 or 400 series A-C (a 'Lexington')?
Each blade of a three-blade deck will usually have a length of about an "inch-something" more than 1/3 of the cutting width. (17+ inches for a 48" deck.)
Fred

To help more in the search....it's a 312H AC. as far as model # of deck I can't see any only the serial #. I have tried the 42" blades(Simplicity#1607536)from a local supplier. They don't fit, the center hole is to small and the length is wrong, but I am confused because the blades don't match the spec in the catalogue(thanks al for the part #). I havn't been able to find the 48" blades locally yet or even a spec to see if they would fit.....

Measured some new ones today;
42" 15 and 1/4 long 7/8 hole in the center, 2 7/16 holes on 2 and 9/16 centers. part # 1607369

48" blades same except 16 and 5/16 long Prt #1607369

Hope this helps, Al

Al that's great. From what I can tell by whats leeft of the old ones I need the ones for the 48" deck. You have the same part# for both blades is your last post. If you have the one for the 48" then all I have to do is try and find someone who has them

been a great help thnks Dean

I have 9 of the 42s, and 12 of the 48s in stock. We have an 800 number 1 800 462 2218 for sales, but its only good in the USA. e-mail me at edensltd@n-connect.net
I have never sent anything out of the US and don't know how. Customs, exhange etc. but I'll try to find out. Our regular phone # is 319 462 2214. We are in Iowa. I have tried not to exploit this club, and do not want to. I hope this is not out of place. If it is, anybody please speak up. I only submitted this because you seem to be having trouble locally and asked.