Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new favorite picture

Talntedmrgreen

Sticking close to home lately, waiting for baby boy #2 to arrive, tinkering as usual, and had a great opportunity to capture a great, candid shot of my shop hand. Nathan had been up a couple weeks back and through some bartering left this peach of an original '64 behind. Meeting folks and helping fellow members out has got to be the greatest benefit this club has to offer. I gave it some soapy water and a set of hubcaps and couldnt get my little helper away from it! I wanted a few glamour shots, and as usual, he wanted to be my point of focus ;) Just had to share.

20140531_162821.jpg

Very Cute! My youngest was bitten by the bug at a young age! I would have him put a screwdriver in a hole and turn it just to give him a sense of accomplishment. My 2210 is his! LOL. I used to catch him with the key to it in his pocket! Lol.

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

Very Cute! My youngest was bitten by the bug at a young age! I would have him put a screwdriver in a hole and turn it just to give him a sense of accomplishment. My 2210 is his! LOL. I used to catch him with the key to it in his pocket! Lol.

id="quote">
id="quote">Ha...yeah, this little guy is constantly wherever I'm working. He wants whichever tool I've chosen to work with, and mimics everything I do with it. He is getting very good at stealing bolts, and inserting them wherever he sees a vacant hole on the tractor. Trouble is, if I don't see him do it, they blend in and I lose all sorts of hardware.He is a key theif as well...they amaze him, and I'm to the point of keeping one on the work bench, to use in various machines because most are long gone from the tractors. The Briggs keys can be kinda sticky, and challenging to remove, but those generic types are all MIA. He even has no trouble at all climbing aboard the Legacy's to steal keys and 'drive', complete with engine noises.

Great picture Josh, is that a refection of you and the Mrs. in the rear hubcap? Sweet looking tractor as welldOd

quote:Originally posted by jfrank1962

Great picture Josh, is that a refection of you and the Mrs. in the rear hubcap? Sweet looking tractor as welldOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Yup...one of the few times she ventured out this weekend. I had washed the LL and let it dry a while while we had a 'coffee break' inside with mom. I told her the kid would be all over that tractor and that she should come watch. I no more than had his shoes on him and he was running to that shiny tractor ^

Does he ever play on the Serf you bought for him, or does he just ignore it for the bigger tractors?

quote:Originally posted by huffy

Does he ever play on the Serf you bought for him, or does he just ignore it for the bigger tractors?

id="quote">
id="quote">He was over that in 10mins. He seems to gravitate toward what Dad rides regularly. The Serf will have its day, as soon as he can drive it. Gotta install the hilo then....slow it down a bit.

Here's a more serious composure...during his assent to the cockpit.

20140531_162736.jpg

Can't beat kids and Simplicity. Here's one of my almost 2 year old grandson needing an assist with the dismount.

Lukey.JPG

Lever to engage mower is up his shorts. He's not too happy but he is waiting patiently for his grandma to put down the camera and help.

Lukey.JPG.4fdc599ab545457a947a3c8ce0038bfe.JPG

very nice, glad you like it. i can't wait to get some time and play with that 3012 i picked up. summer is just to busy.

If I would have climbed up on a tractor like that when I was that age, my father would have smacked me!sm00 it would have been for my own good!...or so that's what he would say!C

Great picture. I have so many memories of my Dad and his tractors when I was very young.

Dan

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • Tarheel
    • gwiseman
    • TheFlash300
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts