Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunday night Craigslist purchase

FlashandFlare

Simplicity_1341_1691100.jpg

I picked this up last night, had to drive 72 miles one way to get it.Does anyone else have one like this ?Know any information about these ?Seem kinda scarce....at least I haven't seen many.Model# 1341 ID# 1691100I am looking for non-pdf owners manual,parts manual and service manual. Anyone guess on the age ? I was thinking it was from the mid 80's F&F

Simplicity_1341_1691100.jpg.93f22f11d3243828432c13a9fae190e5.jpg

Did Simplicity buy the deck and drive assembly from Lawn-Boy and then paint them Orange ?

This thing looks just like a Orange Lawn-Boy with 4hp four stroke Briggs.

If it hasn't been repowered, the first two numbers of the code will get you close as far as an age of the mower.

quote:Originally posted by timflury

If it hasn't been repowered, the first two numbers of the code will get you close as far as an age of the mower.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm pretty sure it hasn't been re-powered. From my investigation it looks like the same motor that is shown in the manuals.If it has been re-powered it was with the exact same motor as the original.I am surprised there isn't more love and excitement for this little gem.F&F

quote:Originally posted by mendon-chalmers

The earlier models were made by Hahn & had cast alum. decks

id="quote">
id="quote"> This one has a aluminum or magnesium deck.

Lawnboys were ID'd with "Magnesium" cast right in it and in certain instances they could be a real fire hazard Trying to dose their fire with water would really cause a conundrum. If the engine is original the model & code will be Briggs 110792 3102-01. The date code could have either of these first two numbers, 87 or 88

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Lawnboys were ID'd with "Magnesium" cast right in ( my 1963 LB has it) it and in certain instances they could be a real fire hazard. Trying to dose their fire with water would really cause a conundrum. If the engine is original, the model & code will be Briggs 110792 3102-01. The date code could have either of these first two numbers, 87 or 88

id="quote">
id="quote">

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • mbsengineer
    • Snojetter
    • Chris727
    • simplewrench
    • Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts