Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
FlashandFlare

Sunday night Craigslist purchase

FlashandFlare

Simplicity_1341_1691100.jpg

I picked this up last night, had to drive 72 miles one way to get it.Does anyone else have one like this ?Know any information about these ?Seem kinda scarce....at least I haven't seen many.Model# 1341 ID# 1691100I am looking for non-pdf owners manual,parts manual and service manual. Anyone guess on the age ? I was thinking it was from the mid 80's F&F

Simplicity_1341_1691100.jpg.93f22f11d3243828432c13a9fae190e5.jpg

FlashandFlare

Did Simplicity buy the deck and drive assembly from Lawn-Boy and then paint them Orange ?

This thing looks just like a Orange Lawn-Boy with 4hp four stroke Briggs.

fishnwiz

Neat purchase! dOd

timflury

If it hasn't been repowered, the first two numbers of the code will get you close as far as an age of the mower.

FlashandFlare
quote:Originally posted by timflury

If it hasn't been repowered, the first two numbers of the code will get you close as far as an age of the mower.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm pretty sure it hasn't been re-powered. From my investigation it looks like the same motor that is shown in the manuals.If it has been re-powered it was with the exact same motor as the original.I am surprised there isn't more love and excitement for this little gem.F&F

mendon-chalmers

The earlier models were made by Hahn & had cast alum. decks

FlashandFlare
quote:Originally posted by mendon-chalmers

The earlier models were made by Hahn & had cast alum. decks

id="quote">
id="quote"> This one has a aluminum or magnesium deck.

BLT

Lawnboys were ID'd with "Magnesium" cast right in it and in certain instances they could be a real fire hazard Trying to dose their fire with water would really cause a conundrum. If the engine is original the model & code will be Briggs 110792 3102-01. The date code could have either of these first two numbers, 87 or 88

BLT
quote:Originally posted by BLT

Lawnboys were ID'd with "Magnesium" cast right in ( my 1963 LB has it) it and in certain instances they could be a real fire hazard. Trying to dose their fire with water would really cause a conundrum. If the engine is original, the model & code will be Briggs 110792 3102-01. The date code could have either of these first two numbers, 87 or 88

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sign in to follow this