Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720's gone

MPH

On a airport run to anchorage and return rental car from anch to Fairbanks I had to stop in Trapper Creek to check on the 720 I saw there last Aug. Guess the owner fixed its starting problems 5 times and got his asking price of 7200. Need something else to dream about now I recon, that was outta my league...MPH

MPH, If your looking for another project, I think I heard of someone near Tok, Alaska, who has one or two Gilsons..... Pat

Pat, I've heard of that guy too. Guess he can't figure out what to do with two well built, over bone-head engineered running tractors. Guess he's buissy building himself a shop now...MPH

Marty, THAT price is treading in Kubota territory!!! Hate to be disloyal to THE BRAND we all cherish but push come to shove I'd take the rice burner and run all else being equal!! Dick

Have to agree with you Dick, just for the boost of 4 wheel drive for loader use. Had him down to 5500 before the owner got it starting regularly, still thought that was steep..MPH

Answer a couple ol Illinois, boyz question----Listen up Sam. How does a Ne.farm boy end up in Alaska????/ My Brother-inlaw is a farm boy from Minnisota, he wound up, there for 7 years, compliments of the Air Force. bill.

Bill, this ole Ne farmboy wound up in Ak cuz of movies a G.I. buddy took while stationed in Fairbanks. Decided he had to go see that country some day and with no means to start farming decided one day there was no reason to be a block layin cement finisher around someone elses cornfields, sooo he stuck out his thumb and headed NorthWest, when asked where he was headed, the end of the road, fell in love with this land and has not been able to leave for over 6 weeks at a time..MPH

Sounds like ya made the right choice, we sold out (farms) in 1967, I nearly went up to work on the pipeline, it was a big $$$$$ job then. Brother-in-law was stationed in Ancorage for 6 or 7 years, he loved it , She didn't, he retired in S-Dakota. We were just curious. See ya. bill.