Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Allisgrandson

Carburetor nozzle threads

Allisgrandson

I have bunged up the nozzle threads on the carb lower trying to remove the nozzle. I was able to finally remove the nozzle using a left-hand drill bit, but the treads are a little flat still. Does anyone know what the thread count and type is so that I can get a bolt to put in there to clean up the threads?

Thanks,

Brian

briggsetc

Brian,

What engine ??

If it is a Briggs with the Medium Flo-Jet carb those threads are 5/16" x 32.

Briggs sells a kit # 19245 for around 11.00, probably more now, with both taps for the small and medium flojet. Special size, 1/4" x 32 and 5/16" x 32.

Ever get up to the Potsdam,Canton area? I have the tap set. Hey .. good excuse to come up to our show June 14 -15. See slpowermuseum.com

Gary

Allisgrandson

Sorry guys, I know I'm supposed to put that in! You guys don't know my tractors by now?!;)

The are off of a Briggs 10/12 HP 243431 from a B10. Quite a few variations. I'm working on the 4 bolt carbs with the short/removable air intake stack

briggsetc

Little late here but FYI... You need a 7/32 drill for the 1/4" jet in the small flojet and a 9/32 drill for the medium flojet. It will drill most of brass out and leave the threads before it gets near the nozzle seat. Then you push out the nozzle piece and clean the threads, works slick.

Gary