Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cleaning a Tractor Frame.....In a Sink?

powermax_paul

I've finished exploding my B207 and started cleaning up the parts. I thought it was kinda funny how I could set the front half of the frame in my slop sink downstairs for cleaning with simple green. You just can't do that with a powermax frame! Paul

Actually, I'm kidding. None of my neighbors have pools. They're all dairy farmers. Unless of course you consider the liquid manure pits they have behind the barns. It's nice working on a smaller tractor for a change. Moving parts around is much easier on my herniated discs. Paul

My 3210-V frame wasnt so greasy as it was RUSTY. I sandblasted it but it was all my rather small 2 cyl. single stage compressor could handle. Recently noticed in Northern Tool a high pressure sandblasting kit (up to 3500 psi) which hooks up to your pressure washer. Sounds like it might be the cats pajamas for heavier rust deposits on large pieces.Anyone had any experience with one of these blasters? Dick

Yes, I used some of Castrol Super Clean to clean my B-210. Boy is that much better than the old Gunk degreaser that left such a film that you couldn't hardly clean it enough to paint. I used the Castrol stuff, then wiped it down with mineral spirits, sanded, wiped it once again with mineral spirits, and the primer seemed to stick great... I'd be careful using the Castrol on good paint, unless it is a baked on finish, though -- it seems almost too strong!

I found a pretty gnarly cleaner, Castrol Super Clean, that works incredibly well. Not something I'd use inside the house though. It beats everything this side of a real steam cleaner.[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]