Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro swap

Tomwendt

Can I swap a sunstrand hydro out of a 716 into a 3314 that has a tired vickers.it will be from the bgb back.thanks

You could. You would have to weld in a piece of metal in the frame for the hydro control handle. It may be easier to just find a 3400 - 7000 series frame.

You would also need the transaxle for the Sundstrand. The Vickers transaxle is different mounting holes. The pumps won`t interchange between the two different transaxles.

The complete rearend will fit. You will still need to weld the bushing into the frame of the 3300 series from the 716 or uses the frame from a 3400, 7000 simplicity or 700 series Allis. Do you still have the 716 frame?

3310v.jpg

The hydro lever would need moved from this location in the 3300 frame to the location below.

q1.jpg

looo.jpg

to just above the running board.

3310v.jpg.e0fc07780491372d9ffc220eb4ebc26f.jpg

q1.jpg.f0f5b03b32defb78923f8e976fb879f6.jpg

looo.jpg.41446fcbb83badc8223edcc278b3fb2a.jpg

Everything is the same except it has the tube located in the correct location for the Sundsrand hydro lever. If you are going that far it may be easier to just switch what is needed from the 3300 series over to the 716H.

Thanks for the information Ray! I never knew the tube was at a different place on the 3300's so I just learned something new8D

Dan