Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz Allis 1920 60" Mower Deck gearbox repair

daheck

Hello all and I would like to thank you for your help in advance. I have my fater's Deutz that he purchased new in the late 80's. Love this tractor, been mowing with it since i was a kid. Here's my problem. The Durst gearbox is not holding gear oil. I cannot find a simplicity dealer that can help with finding the correct bearings and seals for the input and output shafts. Could you point me in a direction to get this serviced and working again. I have replaced bearings and seals before and have a 12 ton press but this is a little beyond my diy, not sure how it comes apart and in what order. Thanks

I have filled it with grease. Most of it was on my floor the next morning. It looks like it stayed to the level of the bottom of the input shaft (pto shaft). It didn't all run out but only 3/4 to an 1" in the bottom of the gearbox when i take off the service panel. So I don't think that the output shaft (mower pully shaft) bearing and seal is bad. It doesn't "sound" bad when i turn it by hand or even when it was running before I noticed that the level was way down.

Durst or Curtis? Post the Mfg. No. of the tractor and deck and I will give you the numbers. I believe the seals are 118117 but can check.

Grease isn`t going to work. It takes a oil.

Is this what you need?

boxsmall1.jpg

boxsmall2.jpg

I don't need this and would sell it.Never checked to see if it has oil in it but it is dry on the outside and doesn't seem to be leaking.Bill

boxsmall1.jpg.1b9bc691c048561b1b1923820b1557b8.jpg

boxsmall2.jpg.489626880d1ea710c2736745e0b16917.jpg

That is exactly what I am looking for.

What kind of price tag does it carry including shipping.

Thank you,

Todd

Not sure what its worth, but Id sell it for 30 plus shipping.Ill see if it will fit in a flat rate box without the mounting bracket which should be the cheapest way.Ill check tomorrow after work and get back to you.Bill