Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NO Snow/???

Ron_B

Hey GUYS Does any one know what happened to winter?? Like is there not white stuff in jan.?? Or was that last year.We are 40 above and rain here in BC.Sure hard to plow that stuff.Guess we will have to pack up tractors and go see MPH.Dont need that magnetic heater now Paul.Well you boys take it easy.--- Ron B

64 Landlord/Jacobsen blade finally got a workout----had apprx. 7" snow last nite. Handled it just fine, pushed up a nice sized pile way past end of driveway to leave room for the next "snow event". Dick

I just bought a winter cab for my 917, so it wouldn't suprise me if we didn't get any snow here this winter.

We just got about 4" in Upstate NY can't make up my mind between the plow and snowblower. hey Sam how did you make out on Ebay awhile ago it seemed like every other tractor related item, you were the high bidder. BTW i also just purchased a winter cab for my Deutz/Allis 1920. Can't wait to get it and install it. If no snow i'll see how it works as a shade while i'm mowing in the summer.

On the prairies, it has been above freezing for a few days now, and only a few inches of snow on the ground. It should be around -25 to -35 at night at this time of year. My new Simplicity walkbehind snowblower has sat in the basement since the autumn of 2000; Simplicity won't have to worry about the warranty on this one. We are in the midst of the worst drought in our area since records began in the late 1800's.

We got snow except the snowblower can't get close enough to the ground to blow it. The skid pads are too thick! Woody

What do you have for a blower Woody??Mine adjust to where they do not touch. Maybe the snow isn't deep enough~~~~~MPH

Kinda thought you did Woody, but as bad as your all wanting snow back there I didn't want to laugh at a real problem..Kindaaaa enjoying this "melt down" we're haveing, It was 5 above here today. Guess at least half the trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks was wet roads, some wet ice, stopped once for kidney break and had to hold onto the door to stand up, needless to say I did not resume 75..Road looked to be good hard pack snow but was glazed with the warm wind..MPH

I can't find anyone around here who is hoping for snow! They think I'm nuts I guess. I even washed my truck the day before the "snow" was due as a sacrifice to the snow gods. Wasted my water, and the hose wasn't even frozen!...This is my snowblower setup. Sorry not Simplicity, only blades on those right now. Woody http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset18/2002/01/07/8756/8756781_0_2327.fpx,0,0,1,1,454,512,FFFFFF