Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rick66

Steel Wheels

rick66

I picked these up at a estate sale. i had a post earlier about seeing them but finally was able to get them for only $20. They're actually Cub Cadet, the lady (My neighbor) said they purchase these at Cub Cadet when the family bought their cub 71. I'm showing Simplicity people because all these do is slide right over your tires and held on with 4 Carriage bolts. You could easily make a set if you wanted.

wheels.jpg

wheels.jpg.4da78f51e4a567091c2728a6b09d56ab.jpg

GLPointon

So they bolt on like wheel weights???

I have never seen those before, very cool but what would they be used for?...Rolling the lawn or driving around alot of puncture hazards??

rick66

Lady i got them from said her husband rolled the lawn with them. i guess you would have to stagger your tracks or you'll have a washboard affect in the yard. Yes, they bolt on just like wheel weights. When they're on you can't see the tires.

Brettw

I can see how those would work great (in the spring) towing a lawn roller behind. Multiple passes, crossing passes, and when you go to cut the lawn, you don't have to go on the donor list for anew set of kidneys!

dhoadley
quote:Originally posted by timflury

I wonder if those would put undue stress on the axle tube?

id="quote">
id="quote">Only if you jack up the rear!:D

RayS
quote:Originally posted by timflury

I wonder if those would put undue stress on the axle tube?

id="quote">
id="quote">I doubt it. They wouldn`t weigh that much. They are probably 11 or 13 guage diamond plate. You see people put 300#`s of wheel weights on.

Sign in to follow this