Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B series Sickle bar owners...HELP!

fishnwiz

Sounds great!

A bit of advice on putting it together... use type C all metal lock nuts! If you can't find them use grade 8 lock washers. The standard grade 5 just don't hold up and things shake loose.

Also make sure you don't go over half throttle, and a bit less is even better or things don't last long ;)

I met Paul in person when I sold him a rear pulley set in the spring and he struck me as a really nice guy. I'm sure he'll be a valuable member here and I hope he's able to help you out.

quote:Originally posted by drbrian722

I met Paul in person when I sold him a rear pulley set in the spring and he struck me as a really nice guy. I'm sure he'll be a valuable member here and I hope he's able to help you out.

id="quote">
id="quote">You are correct!! Paul is a super nice guy and very easy to deal with and besides that ...a real life saver on a tough to find part! My only wish is he lived closer to me as he sounds like a guy I could spend all day talkin Pickin!! As a side note...There were two others that offered to make parts for me at a small cost. I am not sure they are members or if they saw my ad on C.L. but what a GREAT bunch of people TRACTOR guys are!! Hands down!!