Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MikeES

KT19 Series I or 2?

MikeES

I picked up a 7119 with hydraulic lift. PO said it didn't run and had no compression. Missing points and condenser. Install points, and found the coil was bad, robbed coil from another KT engine and got it running with dribbling gas in the carb. (carb will need to be removed and worked on).

This engine also had the common camshaft blowout at sometime as there is a JB Weld patch on the block next to the dip stick.

Question: Without the serial number how can I tell if it is a series 1 or 2. It does not have the plate for the oil filter. It has the round taller air cleaner. It says "Power Pak 19" on the cylinder tins. It does not say series II anyplace. It has the newer transaxle with the spin on filter on the side.

Thanks,

MikeES

Thanks, Bob.

The Spec. number is still on the engine ... 49130. C

Well anyway, I bought this tractor expecting a bad engine, and I got one that runs nice and smooth. Person should not get greedy with his luck.

I will have to fix the JB Weld patch as it leaks oil.

The history of the tractor is that the PO rebuilt the mower deck with all new bearings and blades, mowed with it once and it quit running (probably the bad coil), and it has been sitting for a year a more. The mower deck is worth more than I paid for the tractor.