Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbinwi

Simplicity rear engine 3108

mbinwi

So, our neighbor lady is looking for a smaller tractor/lawn mower, something that she can ride on, and get around all of her flower beds, and has an electric start. I just seen a 3108 on Craig's list at a very reasonable price. Anybody have one of these ? or familiar with what I talking about ? I'm guessing that this is a 31" cut, with an 8hp motor. The ad doesn't say. I've been taking care of her yard since her hubby went through major cancer surgery, in April.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike.

BLT

My son had one 30" I believe with a rear bagger. He was okay with it

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/ifDzFO9buG8sF8Dyd6lEP5NRQpe.pdf

There is little flex in front axle so the grass has to be reasonably smooth and 3rd gear mowing is pushing it. If you are in no hurry, it'll do the job. I it has 32 or 36 in deck , I would shy away from it as they taxed the engine.

steve-wis

I had one, it did ok. Mine was a 30 inch deck. The problem these had was not enough air getting to the engine to cool it when it was working hard. You will need to be sure all the air slots are open and clean and keep the engine clean as well. I liked mine, thought it was kind of a handy mower.

Steve

John_in_Oxford

Yes, have one. Great little machine. Use it on a rental property. Like a billy goat, going up and down the roadside ditch - better than the 3416 would do.

Repowered with a 12.5 Tecumseh several years ago, because the old B&S was just wore out.

Just not much to go bad on one, and it's so maneuverable.