Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity landlord 2110

Zachary211

Hey guys. I have some questions. On my landlord, no spark and it's got a points system and i have never messed with one. So I am wondering if someone could explain it to me. And I have been looking how it's works and not finding any info really but seeing guys talk about up grading to magnetrons and others stuff so I was wondering which the way to go. I'm very mechanical, just I'm a little young for a points system. Any help would be great thanks Zach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_system

Start with the basics and you will see really how simple the points system is. Switching to an electronics system will not gain much if anything on our machines over a properly set up points system.

With our tractors single cylinder just replace "distributor" with plunger and there you have it.

Just do some quick checks if you don't have spark.

1. Check that the plunger is moving

2. check that the points are clean and gapped properly

3. make sure the wire to the coil (black wire) isn't grounded by the case or the insulation damaged.

4. Try a new plug

Good luck

I have a 12HP briggs that would lose spark. I rapped on the condensor & got spark. Replaced the condensor & no spark problems anymore.

The condenser ends up being the issue alot of the time with lost spark...also dirty or corrosion on the points can be an issue. Run some real fine sandpaper between the contacts on the points and use compressed air if you have it to blow out any dirt or sand that is left.

Go with the nova electronic ignition, get rid of the points & condenser. I had to adjust plug gap to compensate for the spark knock.

No, it does not need to be repolarized with the Nova II or the Stens Mega Fire II. They are both the same identical module. Just different companies supplying them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the B110 with the same problem. Engine 243431 0123 01 6712121

I want to improve the ignition system on this engine, this one has a key and a push button. The key has one wire, not sure where it goes, i only have to push the button to get the engine turning. it ran last year after replacing the voltage regulator. but even then the spark was weak. The ole lady, needs needs some zippidy for her do dah day.

Check the ignition switch and the ground wire to it. Even though your turning the switch on (disconnecting ground) the wire or switch could be bad. Happend on one of my tractors, no spark disconnected ground wire to switch and had spark.