Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
goatfarmer

Case attachments

goatfarmer

I got the stuff for a case of beer, I'm thinking I came out ahead! There is a tiller, a mower deck, and some other misc things I haven't gone through.

Talntedmrgreen

Model and condition will drive the value, but you certainly did great. I snagged a tiller (41" plus extension), and passed it on for around $300-400, if I remember correctly, to a member here. I routinely see that same tiller (side drive vs center) on CL for $500-900...and they move.

The hydraulic attachments are pretty neat, and well built. If I were to ever hang up Simplicity/AC, I'd become a Case/Ingersoll man. With a quick fab of a sleeve hitch adapter, those hydro-drive attachments can be used on just about anything with aux hydro ports.

I also really like the tractor's build quality, hydraulic drive, independent 3pt hitch, optional splitter valves for combining or isolating lift operation, etc. If they were foot hydro, I'd have one or more now, to keep. The one I had even had PS like a Sunstar.

MikeES

Opposing view on Case Ingersoll...the engines are in backwards and blows all the heat back to the driver. sm05 The mower decks were very crude and did a lousy job of mowing, compared to the simplicity decks. That's the only faults I can find.

Talntedmrgreen

Huh...never picked up on the heat issue. I had my only one in winter. I cant imagine mowing with anything less than a Simplicity though! :D