Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tamurmueen

Request for Restoration Thread Link

tamurmueen

Good afternoon, friends.

My neighbor restores Farmall tractors, and has agreed to restore my Simplicity 2010.

I wanted to show him a photo gallery of a well-documented and expertly-executed restoration of a Simplicity round-hood.

I have seen restorations shared by some of our colleagues, and wonder if you have links to examples of restorations of one of these tractors that you think is particularly well-documented - so I can show my friend what we, in the Club, expect of a first-class job!

Much appreciate your help.

Best, Tamur

Brettw

You can search the Forums and may find what you are looking for. There is a search tab in the upper task bar, highlight it and click on search forums. Once there you can type in 2010 restoration or other possible key words. Good luck!

damon91

Mine isnt near as detailed as the link above, which is a beautiful resto. But here is the link to the resto I did on my 2010. I have alot mire pics if you are interested. My resto was fairly cost effective, I really only replaced what I had to and restored the rest the best I could.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138718

tamurmueen

Fabulous! Thank you, gentlemen.

I will take these posts to my neighbor, and challenge him to meet either of these. I see that Bob's restoration took well over 100 hours and well over $1000 before it was done - to produce a museum-quality product. Damon's is beautiful - all the more so seeing where the project began! - and perhaps more reasonable for a tractor that is to be put to regular duty. Thanks again.

Best, Tamur