Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor of the Month, July.

timflury

First of all, I would like to recognize the following members for joining an "All new" ToM Committee.

Sam Ericson, (Smilinsam)

Josh Thornton, (Talntedmrgreen) and,

Ken Lubinski, (Goatfarmer)

These three gentlemen will be in contact with me in the future to hash out any differences that may arise from month to month.

I plan on creating a list of categories and working with the group from there.

There is a thread below that had a lot of great suggestions, some not even tractor related, yet worth consideration, the suggestions will not go unnoticed.dOddOd

We will be sticking to the theme of attachments for the following families of tractors, for the month of July.

Powermax, Twin Twenty, and A/C 616/620 Series

"Sunstar" Series, Agco Allis, Duetz Allis, Massey, and of course, Simplicity

We will switch the theme a little and stay with attachments that would have been purchased

at the dealer.id="size3">

Please direct any questions or confusion to myself, or a member of the committee via PM.

Tractor of the month contest rules:

1. For club (paid) members only. This includes all such dues paying members, officers, moderators, and administrators.

2. The selection committee will determine each monthly criteria.

3. The tractors submitted can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuilt - or as specified by the committee.

4. Narrative and pictures are required - to tell its story, and why it is deserving of being the Club's tractor of the month. Tractors that do not meet theme criteria will be removed by the committee.

5. Members can enter a tractor multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once that tractor has won, they cannot submit that tractor again for a year on any subject.

6. Each contest will have four week submission period followed by club membership voting for a two week period after that. When a winner of that period is announced a new subject will be presented.

7. Wining tractors each month will be posted on the club home page for a period of one month. At the end of the year, we will have a separate contest of the previous winners for Tractor of the Year, with a bigger prize.(prize should be specified if it is to be mentioned at all- and probably should be something along the lines of being on display for a year somewhere in the club -just a suggestion)

8. This contest is open for members to enter their own tractors, or by having someone else nominating them, upon which owner must accept and post entry.

9. Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

10. Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

11. Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added by Kent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now open for members to enter their own tractor. The newly-formed committee will determine future categories.

Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: does the qualifier "attachments that would have been purchased at the dealer" exclude only homemade attachments, or does it also exclude attachments that would have been purchased at a dealer but were not re-branded as Simplicity, Allis, etc?

Yes, excludes homade or modified attachments. Includes all manufactured company built attachments made to fit forementioned tractors.

Does "attachments purchased at the dealer", include attachments purchased in conjunction with a Simplicity tractor at a Simplicity dealer?

Wayne

In an effort to get this one started, I'll throw in the HD tiller that I recently bought for my Sunstar. I just started tearing down the tractor for a resto, so it'll be a while until I get around to re-painting the tiller. Sunstar attachments almost never pop up for sale up here, and I looked for one of these for close to 2 years. Josh finally located one for me, and it just so happened that the owner was coming up this way on vacation the following weekend. So I got lucky.

TOM_July_2014.jpg

quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Does "attachments purchased at the dealer", include attachments purchased in conjunction with a Simplicity tractor at a Simplicity dealer?Wayne

id="quote">
id="quote">Well, There was discussion regarding this when the committee was hashing out the details for the category this month.YOU may have purchased it privately, yet is it still a Simplicity attachment?? Yes.Was one able to buy a Gannon Earthcavator at the Simplicity dealer?? I'm guessing, no.Yet it must fit the tractor models that are listed above.

I guess what Tim is driving at is that it must be a Simplicity/ALLIS manufactured attachment.

I was not even clear on this myself...as I thought initially that it was any company manufactured attachment.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

I guess what Tim is driving at is that it must be a Simplicity/ALLIS manufactured attachment.I was not even clear on this myself...as I thought initially that it was any company manufactured attachment.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks. That was the question I was trying to ask. I was confused because some attachments, like loaders and moldboard plows, etc, are purchased at a dealer for use on the specified tractors (sometimes even with them) but weren't made by Simplicity. But I understand now, that's why I entered the tiller, which unfortunately I haven't had a chance to beautify yet, instead of some other things I have that I've had a chance to resto.