Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler issue

sdhdcouple

I have a K301s in my Allis garden tractor. I starts runs great but once it warms up at high rpm it acts like it runs out of fuel and dies. I have changed the filter, taken the bowl of the card cleaned it, replaced the fuel lines in case on was cracked, checked the float. It has a plastic on in it, not cork. Checked the little fuel pump on the motor block, put finger over it and pumped a couple times and it shot fuel a goo 5 plus feet. taken carb of and cleaned it out really good. but always same problem high Rpm will run out of fuel and die. wait a fuel min and she will start then die again. I have even taken the tank off to make sure nothing stuck in the very bottom of the plastic take. just don't know were to look next.

K301S

12HP

spec # 47642D

Walbro Carb (WHC are the only numbers or letters I see)

any ideas?

you know what, my gauge cracked on the top of that plastic tank and I didn't want the rain in the tank and I covered it with silicone. forgot all about venting. I drill a hole in it and see if it runs then

thanks