Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shipping Parts

Have you seen what they pay their employees? I have a relative who has worked for them for about 10 years and is making about $30/hour. He started out at around $20/hour 10 years ago. I am all for fair wages, but...

C'mon guys, admit it. You're just jealous that they get to go to work in shorts in the summer time... '<) Kent

On the other hand UPS has a terminal 25 miles from the house. They are the only ones in this area so they are the default choice here. Ya gotta pay for the coverage too.

UPS treats me real well, and I have found their prices in general within $1 of Fed Ex for the stuff I ship. I'd like to try Fed Ex but they never respond to my questions. UPS is always right there if I need to know something. My experience anyhow.

I've found Fed-Ex to be a little cheaper than UPS if you are sending something to a major city or to a company in a medium size city, but a lot more expensive to ship to someone's home, especially if they live in the boonies. Brent

This is not an advertisement, just information to help fellow members. I just shipped two packages weighing 42 pounds each that were in oversize boxes. I ended up shipping them FedEx Ground for $13.75 each. The "Brown Truck" guys wanted $32.45 each. I don't see how they can justify the difference. So if you can, check the prices to save yourselves and your buyers some $$$$$$$. Thanks Scooby

You get what you pay for. I use both, but have had two items DESTROYED while being shipped (both ~$200). UPS Sent me a check asap with only a few questions, Fedex had to pick up the package, sent it to an inspector who said nothing was wrong with it. Evidently they never look at the bottom of the box. When I got it, the box was punctured, the bottom of the item completely smashed and completely worthless. They refused any claim because their copy of the inspection report showed no damage. No other recourse. (except to use another shipper) My 2c.