Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

july 4th parade pics

steve-wis

First year living in Sully, Iowa, and we are lucky enough to have the parade route go right in front of the house. I forgot my camera, but the neighbors got these two pics and shared them with me. The man is a local guy as far as I know, I guess I will have to look him up.Steve

Allis horses 1.JPG

allis horses 2.JPG

57e059918c4c8_Allishorses1.JPG.dff2b3344b9c68890425c22893254637.JPG

57e059919a2ff_allishorses2.JPG.881c928f927202a55f4ead5cd36e5e9a.JPG

Ok..THAT IS AWESOME!!

I need a little more info on this pic. Who came up with this idea? What tractors made up the team?

Thanks.

Great picture .Like to see the controls on them.What a cool concept,I have have heard of team pulling but this takes that to a new level

Great picture .Like to see the controls on them.What a cool concept,I have have heard of team pulling but this takes that to a new level

This is awesome! I would think he is only using one or two of these to drive it. Maybe he has a rope through a pully on it to pull the hydro lever forward, and another rope to pull it back. I sure hope he has a teather cord to cut the motor(s) just in case of something.

No idea if he can steer it or even if he needs to if the parade is straight.

Dan

I would think he needs to steer 2, but could probably drive it all with 1.

I'd like to see the controls too.

It is hard to tell in the pictures but the back two tractors don't look as if they are being steered. I think only the front two are steered.

So I think Dan is right.

Rick.......

Everything's a law suit in the making. Hopefully he has thought through his liability protection as well as he did his float design. Cool as heck. I'll bet a lot of folks get enjoyment out of seeing it in action.

He definitely needs more candy thorwers on that wagon though! d:)

I have found out who the man is and will try to contact him in the next few days. My guess is the front two are doing the pulling. You can see they are attached to each other with a steel angle iron across the front. I believe he steers with the speed of each tractor, and the reins go to the hydro levers on each one. He does steer, I watched him take a corner with it, although very slowly, of course.

Steve

Mark,

This was the 4th of July parade in Sully, Iowa, where I now live. About 45 minutes east and a bit south of Des Moines.

Steve

That is way cool! What people come up with, when they have enough time on their hands and have the creative ability.

Thanks for posting. Sure would love to see some closeups of those units with controls. Most unique thing I have seen.

Possibly if you do look him up, and he doesn't mind, you could snap some more pictures and share with us.

Thanks for posting. Sure would love to see some closeups of those units with controls. Most unique thing I have seen.

Possibly if you do look him up, and he doesn't mind, you could snap some more pictures and share with us.

quote:Originally posted by steve-wis

Mark,This was the 4th of July parade in Sully, Iowa, where I now live. About 45 minutes east and a bit south of Des Moines.Steve

id="quote">
id="quote">Steve...you need to change your name if you are longer a member of our state of Wisconsin. ! Lol.I would have killed to be at that parade...I love small town atmosphere! I know I was a farmer from a small town in my former life!0:)