Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mounted Vac system

ac.d17iv

I think they would be fine, but think about front counter weight options. I know they get light in the front with heavy clippings.

I use that same attachment weekly to catch my grass (non-smoking variety):D I use a 32 gallon garbage can instead of the bag. I tried the bag once, as in 1 time only. It gets way too heavy and very awkward to move and dump. The garbage can has wheels, making it much easier to move around. The 32 gallon capacity is heavy when filled with damp grass, but not so much that I can't lift it into the back of my Explorer.

The garbage can that I use, is open enough at the top to use the top portion of the vac units bag. It will tie tight enough to give a good seal to the can.

I haven't found the need for a front counterweight. Even on slopes, it's pretty stable using the 32 gallon garbage can.

quote:Originally posted by Gary

I use that same attachment weekly to catch my grass (non-smoking variety):D I use a 32 gallon garbage can instead of the bag. I tried the bag once, as in 1 time only. It gets way too heavy and very awkward to move and dump. The garbage can has wheels, making it much easier to move around. The 32 gallon capacity is heavy when filled with damp grass, but not so much that I can't lift it into the back of my Explorer.The garbage can that I use, is open enough at the top to use the top portion of the vac units bag. It will tie tight enough to give a good seal to the can.I haven't found the need for a front counterweight. Even on slopes, it's pretty stable using the 32 gallon garbage can.

id="quote">
id="quote">Gary,Please be sure to call me if you fill a 32gallon can full of the smoking variety and I will be sure to help you lift it....into my truck!!sm00 I will use it to make rope...a guy can never have enough rope lying around!;) I said ROPE...What did you think I said?

quote:Originally posted by ac.d17iv

Thanks guys. What is a fair price for one of these?

id="quote">
id="quote">Routinely see them $150-250. The last one on ebay was relisted several times with an opening bid eventually reaching $150. I think I got around $175 for mine in trade value a couple months back. Had it losted here for weeks at $200.They work real well but can struggle with heavy leaves....the chute likes to plug. I needed front counterweight to keep the tires on the ground of a b series. I stuck 2 suitcase weights up front of the 7790 too. I had no problems with the bag, but I back right up to my compost pile...unzip, the crap falls out, rezip.

I love mine. I have a few small hills and some landscaping, and pulling a cart style system around was a hassle. Some parts are NLA from Simplicity for these PECO built systems.

1007994Small.JPG

1007995Small.JPG

1007996Small.JPG

1007997Small.JPG

I made the flange to put the roving nozzle on there - very handy.

1007994Small.JPG.514863bf51eae033132f35b1a2c828e5.JPG

1007995Small.JPG.dabbaa6d9d6e14bdd80182ea52c4b3f4.JPG

1007996Small.JPG.e6ed6183c0e269cfa20e719896921bbe.JPG

1007997Small.JPG.d89831331c98b21cfa34088be187ea83.JPG

I had both this and the trailer collector. I love the mounted as I have a lot of trees and sold the trailer collector.

Mine is used mostly for collecting leaves in the fall and spring, and will collect easily over 50 loads per year.

Works great and rarely plugs with enough HP. Will plug more often on a 12hp than on the 17hp twin (keeps the rpms up under load).