Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
landlord2110

clutch adjustment on landlord 2110

landlord2110

put a new simplicity belt on the clutch & adjusted the 11/16" play but I have to put the brake pedal 3/4 of the way before the brakes take grab. Is this normal or do I need a adjustment different then 11/16"?

07101401.jpg

07101401.jpg.3f821096849cb7af267cc3b22a32e5c1.jpg

dhoadley

I would start with their recommendation and then tweak it to what I think feels right. Give it a 1/4 or 1/2 turn tighter and do a lap.:D Repeat as necessary.^ Just my two cents, Dave

BLT

When you have combination clutch/brake, you want to make sure belt is fully disengaged when you apply brake, so 3/4 of the way down for brake engagement doesn't sound out of line. As long as you stop.

skunkhome

If the brakes engage too early it will stop the clutch from disengaging properly. I have had brakes adjusted too tight making the tractor impossible to stop in low gear. Ran my B112 into my bench and through the back wall of my shed. :o