Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3112 Vickers Transmission Leak

Simplicity7013H

Hi, I'm new here. I just recently bought Simplicity 3112h. it didn't have the motor in it. I got er all put together fired her up a it is leak fluid out of the rear pintle shaft. I know I need to do it right but is there any easy fixes. I'm very mechanically inclined but am a little nervous tearing apart the pump.

Thanks

Welcome!! Unfortunately these are notorious for leaking...but they are a sweet operator. I dont know that anyone has come up with a quick fix. The factory did bush them later on and Sandy Lake Implement offered that service when you turned in your leaker as a core. Not cheap though. Hopefully someone will chime in with ideas. Folks have tried orings and such but with limited luck.

Yeah that's what I thought would be the answer. Well at least I dont need it till winter.

Could you I've me more info about Sandy Lake?

Thanks

Thanks for the info RayS. I will give them a call. Right now I'm trying do a quick fix. This has been a really helpful place. Thanks so much.

If anybody has a quick fix let me know

Mine only leaks when it runs. The 7013 H leaks from the case when parked for prolonged periods of time. The 3112 H leaks only when it is running(or the pump is turning; hand rotating the motor.

Many years ago I gave this suggestion to a friend: slide an o-ring over the shaft and up against the housing and then a wire tie or two or some kind of clamp to keep the o-ring tight against the housing.

I never saw exactly how he did the clamp/retainer, but he said it reduced the leak substantially.

Thanks mike.

I tried that. What I did was go to the hardware store and they had oil resistant o rings. So I put the o ring on the pintle shaft then I put on a shaft collar and some gasket sealer and now the leak is gone. :D Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me here. If I need more help i know where to go. dOd