Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SimpleMax

Broadmoor 22/44

SimpleMax

The transmissions (right & left) on my 23-year old Toro HMR 1600 are nearly shot, so I have to buy a new machine. Have just about settled on a Broadmoor 22/44 as a replacement. I mow about an acre, hilly, with a fair number of obstacles. My Toro has about 920 hours, so I mow about 40 hours per year. So, am I going to have buyer's remorse if I buy this machine?

SmilinSam

Assuming the HMR is a zero turn you will miss the zero turns ability to zip quickly around the obstacles. The Broadmoor has a nice tight turning radius and works good around larger bushes and trees, but all the smaller stuff you will end up going about 2/3 around and then have to reverse to reposition and go the rest of the way around. Just means more time with your string trimmer.

I went from a 20/50 zero turn to the Broadmoor 20/44. The Broadmoor is nicer on the slopes and does not get stuck if you drop a wheel into a soft spot like the zt. I just miss the zt going quickly around small objects. Rarely ever had to use the trimmer with it, but things are not bad enough I regret the Broadmoor.

SimpleMax
Assuming the HMR is a zero turn you will miss the zero turns ability to zip quickly around the obstacles.
id="quote">

Good to hear. My main concern is not having a dealer within 60+ miles. I'm a little handy, but not up to the capabilities of a lot of the posters on this forum. However, reading the Broadmooor operators manual, Simplicity recommends having the dealer perform routine annual lubrication. Does that make sense? I always greased my HMR every 20-25 hours myself.

skupko9680

I'd like to know this myself I just bought a brand new 27/52 BM and have been trying to decide if I should take it to the dealer yearly or do what I have always done. My trip to the dealer is about 5 miles but I do not have a trailer at this point.