Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Out with old, in with the new (to me)!

dhoadley

Out with the old grey mare...

P6070461.JPG

...In with the new!

P7130484_01.JPG

P7130487.JPG

I had bought this as a "gap" machine to cover things until I got one of my Broadmoors running and ready to cut. I have to say, though, that this is quite the little machine for cutting grass! All I'm asking of my lawn tractors is cut grass and haul a garden cart, and this machine does that great. I'm just glad I don't have to wrestle and guess at the sliding gear shift 5-speed. 3-speed H-pattern is much nicer. My one remaining problem is I need to replace the gas tank. I tried patching and that didn't work completely, so look for my ad in parts wanted. Thanx, Dave

P6070461.JPG.3bb943fcbf96760e1508b45f3e882679.JPG

P7130484_01.JPG.8bdcfa7faf06840a890fc2be5df20520.JPG

P7130487.JPG.026838f09a0677a9816bca2d47b3a6b7.JPG

I thought 8hp would be a little light, but she's done everything I've ever asked of her. Best $80 I ever spent.;)

Now that is a HUGE improvement dOd and definatly looks alot better :D

Good luck with the gas tank. There's usually lots of parts around for those. Check with Dan "rokon" too, He provides me with lotsa parts...then maybe E-bay

Dave,

That is a clean looking 4108 for it's vintage. Is the 3 speed H pattern transaxle a Peerless product?

Couple that up with a 42" dozer blade, and some chains, and you have a

great little snow pusher.dOd

Cheers,

Wayne

No where to push the snow! That chainlink fence is a foot off the drive and the other side has a low retaining wall. I've got 2 walk-behind snowthrowers for that chore. I have a project A/C 414S for my future Garden Tractor.;) Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• rich_kildow
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts