Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Got to Play With Some of SIL's Toy's

PhanDad

Visited my daughter and SIL this weekend in the PA Poconos. I got to play with some of his toys.On my way to get a trailer to haul some stuff:

Yanmar1a.JPG

Yanmar2a.JPG

To me, it's a complicated gear drive - like a Simplicity Vari-Drive I believe. 3 speed gear box and a column mounted control with 3 forward speeds AND reverse. You have to use the clutch for all. No hydro lever. How quick you forget.But the most fun was this:

Cat1a.JPG

Never drove a tracked vehicle before. It was fun. Got to push some weeds up the pile. I couldn't interest my wife into taking multiple pics. A one point I was a about a 45 deg angle up the pile. I've always had respect for the guys that drive these type of vehicles, but now even more so. I could do 2 things at once (like moving and raising or lowing the bucket. But moving, turning, raising/lowering and tilting the bucket all at the same time was beyond me!

Yanmar1a.JPG.6c9c172f5d1989edac1aa8d9a9bd460b.JPG

Yanmar2a.JPG.ccd4bcde40f78bdde1e16891a9cda1fc.JPG

Cat1a.JPG.0aad756485bda1f6afc5d41caf6f4a93.JPG

phillobbezoo

I spend an average of 5 hours a day in one of those machines only mine is a different color, the a/c heated seat makes it pretty comfortable, the other 5-7 hours a day I spend in my dozer witch also is pretty comfy with its a/c. One of my buddy's was a laborer on a pipe crew and he said to me one spring while still laid off that he had really been watching operators and he thought he could do it so he got his chance, while after I got done fixing what he did, he said to me I have way more respect for operators now, it's not as easy as it looks. So I appreciate you saying that b/c not every body thinks that way, I guess it helps growing up running the equipment since I could reach the pedals, but cool pics thanks for sharing

Sign in to follow this