Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

Look what the deer camera caught!

RickS

Chris,

I recognized the animal in the first picture as a deer and a fawn, but what type of animal is in the other pictures? It seems to travel on wheels instead of legs. And it doesn't appear to be very well color coordinated with the yellow and red.

Nice looking setup!

I would love to try out that weed cutter, but don't really have a need for it. Or in the places that I do I could never get a tractor to work; too steep.

Rick.......

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by RickS

Chris,I recognized the animal in the first picture as a deer and a fawn, but what type of animal is in the other pictures? It seems to travel on wheels instead of legs.

id="quote">
id="quote">It also has quite the appetite!Great pics Chris!

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

A nice Labatt's perhaps.

id="quote">
id="quote">You're not from Wisconsin!!:o Do they even sell Canadian beer there, or do you have to pick it up in IL? ;)

bowhunt4life

I prefer Labatt's in the bottle or the polish Zywiec on tap. I drink one weekend a year and those are my two choices.

Otherwise I stick to Labatt's NA or Busch NA. Helps me keep my girlish figure and keeps me out of jail.

dhoadley
quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

I prefer Labatt's in the bottle or the polish Zywiec on tap. I drink one weekend a year and those are my two choices.Otherwise I stick to Labatt's NA or Busch NA. Helps me keep my girlish figure and keeps me out of jail.

id="quote">
id="quote">So... Once a year you plan on spending the night in jail?!^

bowhunt4life

I wouldn't say planning. Each year for the opening weekend of archery season I get together with my Dad, a few of his friends, my brother, and a few of our friends and we sit around the camp fire, swap stories and tip back a few and pass a bottle of Korbel around until the bottle is empty.

Good times also know as "The Whitetail Ambush". This year we celebrate 30 years.

Talntedmrgreen

Oh man...I like beer 364 days a year, but bow opener is the exception ;)

...after that, it's beer for lunch and rum with fresh pressed cider for supper. sm00 We're in apple country, and we usually catch the locals at their annual cider party. They belt up an old JD-A to a cider mill and everyone brings empty milk jugs and apples (we just bring milk jugs). Talk about fantastic. We try to get meat in the freezer on opening day, because our chances diminish considerably after that ^

ss74nova

Beer is good.:) Nice weedcutter Chris.dOd Noticed a lot of fawns this year in NE Pennsylvania. Haven't had good luck deer hunting in the past few years with rifle or muzzleloader (0 deer).:o This year will be my first year with archery. We are allowed to use crossbows now so that is what I will start with. I bought a Excaliber Axiom 3 years ago & never went out with it yet. Hopefully archery season will give me a better chance of getting a deer. Nice to have all that meat. I butcher my own, saves some money but is a lot of work.

Allisgrandson

I like the hearing protection. I don't see enough of it on here. My 2.5 year old knows that if we are riding the tractor we need hearing protection. I decided I'd make eye and hearing pro a priority after trying to have a conversation with my father and uncles over the last few years!

bowhunt4life

Early on in my brick cutting career I learned I needed hearing protection. Use them on everything, kids have to wear them too, even shooting the guns.

Talntedmrgreen

Since I took up shooting pistols a few years back, I have been a big fan of some of the nicer ear plugs. Muffs drive me nuts =) JR always wears muffs though. Its cute as heck when I tell him (20 months old) that its time for a tractor ride, and he runs the opposite direction, only to return with his muffs!

Now we need to keep working on "hot"...he knows if well. But wants to test stuff.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RickS
    • Paul M.Murphy
    • RayS
    • Brettw
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Big 10
      Big 10
      (71 years old)
    2. cowfan
      cowfan
      (51 years old)
    3. dynodave
      dynodave
      (71 years old)
    4. WaylandLegacy
      WaylandLegacy
      (44 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 2 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts