Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Look what the deer camera caught!

bowhunt4life

Had to go and mow my garden on Sunday evening. Got a few good action photos.

Cdy00029_zps951fa66c.jpg

Cdy00030_zps7f815f6d.jpg

Cdy00039_zps5c564d5a.jpg

Cdy00043_zps66fefd04.jpg

Cdy00052_zpse2359746.jpg

Weedcutter is worth it's weight in gold!

Chris,

I recognized the animal in the first picture as a deer and a fawn, but what type of animal is in the other pictures? It seems to travel on wheels instead of legs. And it doesn't appear to be very well color coordinated with the yellow and red.

Nice looking setup!

I would love to try out that weed cutter, but don't really have a need for it. Or in the places that I do I could never get a tractor to work; too steep.

Rick.......

quote:Originally posted by RickS

Chris,I recognized the animal in the first picture as a deer and a fawn, but what type of animal is in the other pictures? It seems to travel on wheels instead of legs.

id="quote">
id="quote">It also has quite the appetite!Great pics Chris!

What does it like to eat? Since it appears to be cutting the grass / clover it can't like greens. Maybe hops is more to its liking.

Rick.....

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

A nice Labatt's perhaps.

id="quote">
id="quote">You're not from Wisconsin!!:o Do they even sell Canadian beer there, or do you have to pick it up in IL? ;)

I prefer Labatt's in the bottle or the polish Zywiec on tap. I drink one weekend a year and those are my two choices.

Otherwise I stick to Labatt's NA or Busch NA. Helps me keep my girlish figure and keeps me out of jail.

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

I prefer Labatt's in the bottle or the polish Zywiec on tap. I drink one weekend a year and those are my two choices.Otherwise I stick to Labatt's NA or Busch NA. Helps me keep my girlish figure and keeps me out of jail.

id="quote">
id="quote">So... Once a year you plan on spending the night in jail?!^

I wouldn't say planning. Each year for the opening weekend of archery season I get together with my Dad, a few of his friends, my brother, and a few of our friends and we sit around the camp fire, swap stories and tip back a few and pass a bottle of Korbel around until the bottle is empty.

Good times also know as "The Whitetail Ambush". This year we celebrate 30 years.

Oh man...I like beer 364 days a year, but bow opener is the exception ;)

...after that, it's beer for lunch and rum with fresh pressed cider for supper. sm00 We're in apple country, and we usually catch the locals at their annual cider party. They belt up an old JD-A to a cider mill and everyone brings empty milk jugs and apples (we just bring milk jugs). Talk about fantastic. We try to get meat in the freezer on opening day, because our chances diminish considerably after that ^

Beer is good.:) Nice weedcutter Chris.dOd Noticed a lot of fawns this year in NE Pennsylvania. Haven't had good luck deer hunting in the past few years with rifle or muzzleloader (0 deer).:o This year will be my first year with archery. We are allowed to use crossbows now so that is what I will start with. I bought a Excaliber Axiom 3 years ago & never went out with it yet. Hopefully archery season will give me a better chance of getting a deer. Nice to have all that meat. I butcher my own, saves some money but is a lot of work.

I've never seen good "before/during/after" shots of a weedcutter in action...THANKS ALOT!!! now I want one...

Very cool machine and nice pics dOd

I like the hearing protection. I don't see enough of it on here. My 2.5 year old knows that if we are riding the tractor we need hearing protection. I decided I'd make eye and hearing pro a priority after trying to have a conversation with my father and uncles over the last few years!

Early on in my brick cutting career I learned I needed hearing protection. Use them on everything, kids have to wear them too, even shooting the guns.

Since I took up shooting pistols a few years back, I have been a big fan of some of the nicer ear plugs. Muffs drive me nuts =) JR always wears muffs though. Its cute as heck when I tell him (20 months old) that its time for a tractor ride, and he runs the opposite direction, only to return with his muffs!

Now we need to keep working on "hot"...he knows if well. But wants to test stuff.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RedbarnRick
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts