Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grandaddy of all pickn finds!! New pics added!

fishnwiz

Well I was out doing the usual pickn on my thur evening and I came across this guy was cleaning up this truck out in his driveway. I have always had a soft spot for old and different trucks and this one WAS DIFFERENT!! I had NEVER seen this particular truck before and I have gone to hundreds of old car shows. I was not sure that it was not some kind of marriage hybred!What year, make and model is this truck....ANYONE?? oh...I forgot...the guy was cleaning it up to sell it...for 5K Oh yea...I forgot! I bought it!! It was hail damaged out west and pretty dented up with not real bad repair and little rust thru but was good enough for the daily driver I wanted it for and it had the original motor that ran great!!!! I had been looking at beaters or hoopdees and the prices of these barn find trucks is through the roof in my area. The more rusted...the higher the cost. Its CRAZY MONEY!!sm00This one was on the verge of being too nice for beaten around town in!

IMG_0001_118.jpg

IMG_0001_124.jpg

Rare Hawaiian export model! Note the push buttons!

IMG_0001_125.jpg

IMG_0001_126.jpg

Two position hood makes for easy engine service!

IMG_0001_127.jpg

IMG_0001_128.jpg

IMG_0001_118.jpg.eeb0c19200d31f6cc4ddde67e5d38a80.jpg

IMG_0001_124.jpg.1240d8abcd61b974170315d82b7adc7b.jpg

IMG_0001_125.jpg.c9f0bdb47a819b85869bd9ca008b5c94.jpg

IMG_0001_126.jpg.ede89cd88d0cef12d4c026c5f4938a82.jpg

IMG_0001_127.jpg.81fe11035d7849e3622ad9bbc4ca433c.jpg

IMG_0001_128.jpg.731600b6884d56d6e8e83496531d3f70.jpg

nice find,looks like a late 40,s early 50,s chevy or gmc cab with the front fenders reworked with dodge truck headlamp bucketsand grill?. i guess it has the stock 6 cylinder,3 on the tree combo. someone spent alot of time and money on it over the years.use it and enjoy it while fixing it up as you go. i picture wood sides with a nice old allis or simplicity in the back going to tractor shows.Roger:D

Hello, I googled 1957 dodge truck and clicked on images and found similar truck photos the Vee on the front of the hood is a telltale sign that it is a dodge.

Ken in Mi

if i had seen the engine,i would have been able to tell. 35 plus years in the automotive/restoration business,and i am not 100% correct...LOL the back windows on the cab threw me off.is it a straight 6 or????

quote:Originally posted by maxwood

Hello, I googled 1957 dodge truck and clicked on images and found similar truck photos the Vee on the front of the hood is a telltale sign that it is a dodge.Ken in Mi

id="quote">
id="quote">dOd:J$You are correct sir!! 1957 Dodge D100.315 ci 204 hp optional engine. Two position hood and NO park position! sm00Truck has very little rust repair but only a so so job on the dents! Push button trans.

Thanks guys.

The rear window is a wrap around.

Regarding the engine...I am kind of unsure which engine is in this as the previous owner did not remember sm00. I did some homework and it seems to me to be the 204hp 315. There was a 302 model also available.

That is one sweeeet looking "daily driver"! It will definitely catch some attention at the tractor shows!dOd

Dan

Yep, think you found a rare one for a price that will allow you to do a little to it, and still enjoy it! And - you will probably make money if you ever sell it- LOL. Good for you!

Nice ride!

My uncle had a similar 56 Dodge. His was original, with the flathead 6, and a 3 speed. When I started driving, he was selling it, but wouldn't sell it to me, because he thought it was an old truck, nothing but problems, etc. I still miss that truck..........

These were pretty bare bone trucks compared to nowadays! There was not even a heater for the most part. I did notice there is a pet cock on a top off the engine with a heater hose that runs into the firewall. My guess is that in cold weather you open this valve up and it diverts hot water thru a heater core under the dash. I am in the process of trying to find a manual for this truck.id="size1">

Cool piece! I know someone who would know quite a bit about this truck. His name is rob augliera. He is from west haven ct and he has the most dodges and is the most knowledgeable about dodges that I know.

quote:Originally posted by CTD01

Cool piece! I know someone who would know quite a bit about this truck. His name is rob augliera. He is from west haven ct and he has the most dodges and is the most knowledgeable about dodges that I know.

id="quote">
id="quote">How do I contact this guy?

Awesome....I love it. Glad your gonna drive it and enjoy it, even though it could be a show truck with a little work. But I believe you must drive 'em to enjoy 'em... dOd

Looking at your push button controls I'm guessing this has a 3 speed tranny. I can read the bottom two as 1st and 2nd but not the ones above. Dad had a 55 Desotot with a 2 speed auto .

Look up augliera moving company in west haven ct. Ask for rob tell him him your callingto ask a few qquestions about a dodge.