Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Never Forget

Mike

That's why I (and others) have always referred to her as "YANKEE TRAITOR B$TCH"! Sorry if the above offended anyone's sensibilities but that's what she is.

The current president harvests the crop from seed sowen by the last one. Our current dowen tread in the economy started in the Spring of 99 if you know anyone in the tool and die trade, where slow down starts long before the news media knows about it..MPH

Mike, Do you really think enough American citizens care..? I don't know if Jane Fonda is a "traitor" by legal definition, but it would seem she did give aid and comfort to the enemy. Hanoi Jane should have been prosecuted on a variety of charges when she returned to the U.S.A. But, she wasn't..! Don't be surprised if Johnny "Taliban" Walker is honored 30 years from now..! ............. FYI - Your vivid descriptions of torture and killing of members of our military, who performed their duty, may disturb a few members of this club.

Forgive my ignorance guys! But why and how would anyone be offended by the simple truth? What should they do with the truth? Sweep it under a carpet and forget about it. They should instead be offended by Hanoi Jane's actions. Have any of you seen news clips of her wearing a NVA helmet while looking through the sights of their anti-aircraft guns that were used to shoot down and kill OUR brothers. She thought it was fun, smiling and carrying on like she was in disney world. I was born in 1960 and a young teen in the early 70's and till this day i still remember seeing pictures of dead American soldiers on a tank being transported and numerous other pictures and war news in the newspapers. Why would someone want to forget an evil that was done? So that it may be repeated again? I think the more it's aired out the more people will know and remember. Maybe if that was done Hanoi Jane would not of been nominated.What is becoming of this Nation when a school district refuses to make the elementary school kids recite the pledge of allegiance because it may be offensive, Where do you draw the line I am surprised that some think that enough Americans would not care. I say we better wake up before we become a nation of a..kissers!!!!!! I will forward this to EVERYBODY i can. i hope to prove you wrong. I will print this out and mail a copy or email a copy to EVERY media in NYC. Long Live AMERICA

Eddy, the sad story is that we used to call such strong beliefs and feelings "convictions" and "principles" and positive things -- now we call them "biased" or "closed-minded" or something else negative... if voiced loudly, they used to be considered "fiery and passionate" and were admired, now they are considered "politically incorrect" and "offensive"... and consequently these values and principles aren't passed on to our children unless we do it ourselves, in the privacy of our own homes -- it's not accepted behavior and even prohibited in some public places.... I'm reminded of the country music song "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything... " Geez, I feel like a dinosaur....

If you recall your history books the pendulum swings both ways throughout history. If I remember right the pendulum was way to the reckless, Godless, self indulgent end of the stroke in the 20's right before the great depression. After the Depression and the war the pendulum swung to the opposite end for quite a while. Kinda looks like history is in the process of repeating itself in this day and age. What is it they say? Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it. If true, we ought to be in for quite a ride over the next few years.

I've worked with three other Hanoi Hilton POWs and currently am working with a fourth. He was a B-52 navigator shot down in the first B-52 saturation bombing raids (operation Linebacker I) over Hanoi and Haiphong. He still carries scars over much of his body, but he will say very little about it. He is an incredibly calm, self-assured person with a great sense of humor. He's faced his own demons and any that the Viet Cong could fabricate to use against him.... The reason why military men feel so strongly on this subject is because we are the ones called to give our lives to defend her freedom and her freedom of speech. She chose to use her freedom of speech to publicly accuse those same military POWs of committing war crimes... Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you!" And yes, Herb, it is very sad that most people would react "Who cares!" But, at least Time didn't name Osama Bin Laden as man of the year....

Does anyone know if she ever realized what a BIG MISTAKE (for lack of a better word)she made and apologized to our Nation and Veterans. If not, I for one will FOREVER refer to her as Hanoi Jane Eddy

To my knowledge, she never publicly acknowledged nor apologized... just enjoyed the notoriety. Sad, too, since I really admired her father.

The hollywood types and news media folks live in their own little world that they would like the rest of us to live in. Until all those that sit glued to the TV wake up and start living in the real world and turn their back on all the Hollywoood garbage , lies, and disdain for all that is good and right, there will be no big change.

Thankyou for posting that Mike, Herb may be right that some may be offened, after all this nation did do 8 years of cilitons and New York is still represented by one of the starters of black panters supportting roits..To them I can only say 'Good Morning"!!!!!!!!MPH

PLEASE KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA - HONORING A TRAITOR This is for all the kids born in the '70's that do not remember this, and didn't have to bear the burden, that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to bear. Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam. The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1978, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison - the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJs, he was ordered to describe, for a visiting American "Peace Activist", the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col. still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton. From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6-years in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit. They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper. She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions that day. A former military classmate of mine, and a very close friend, was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5 years. He spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. His North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom he buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, he was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (His normal weight is 170 lbs.) He and his buddies were Jane Fonda's "war criminals". When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, he was asked by the camp communist political officer if he would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. He said yes, for he would like to tell her about the real treatment the POWs received ... different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda,as "humane and lenient." Because of this, he was forced to spend three days on a rocky floor on his knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on his hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till his arms dipped. He had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after he was released. He asked her if she would be willing to debate on TV. She did not answer him. This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Lest we forget..."100 years of great women" should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots. There are few things I personally have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget her actions. PLEASE KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA Frank Frank B. De Armond, Ph.D. Colonel, USAF, Retired 3086 Raven Crest Circle Prescott, AZ 86303-5790 Phone: 928.717.2326 Fax: 928.717.2328 e-mail: frankdearmond@cableone.net Mobile: 602.501.4837

Plus now shes got HALF or more of Turners money,Now shes I'm told a born again Christian,so everythings forgiven,,,NOT!

Don't forget the earlier death of the dot.coms either, and the effect this had on the entire technology sector. They were SO artificially inflated in the first place.... Last I heard, Simple trACtors has made more money than Amazon.com -- my wife makes me try to keep it in the black... guess she's tougher than Amazon's board of directors. Last I heard, Amazon was still running in the red.... :<) Kent

To add to Kents reply # 12, today at the lumber yard I was told how sick I must be for building my own garage in dec and Jan cuz its cold out. Seems when I was a kid it was considered ambious to work hard at inproveing your property and that was a good thing. I really hope your right Sam and this people that make up the greatest land on earth don't hit the snozze on the alarm of 9-11..MPH