Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B210/B10 differential help??

Larz

I sheared a bolt in my 210 diff and rounded off the hub gear. I picked up a b10 rear half with some good parts on it. So my question is when I pulled the hub off the b210 there was a washer and lock ring which is what my manual says, but on the b10 it has a lock ring first then three keyed washers then the diff carrier. Can someone clue me in on this one before I reassemble. Thanks ahead of time!!

I have always seen them with locking rings first then washers. Anywhere from 1 - 3 washers. Could be a tolerance issue that they were trying to achieve. If you need the repair manual. Send me your email address in a private message and I will send it to you.

Should be locking ring, double keyed gear and then washers. At least that has been my experience in the past.

The manual I have is for a b210 and so far it matches what I have pulled off. I just wasn't sure if there are some differences between the two. I was hoping that most all the parts off the b10 would be interchangeable. In the manual it has three washers on the inside of the hub gear, on the b10 there is three washers on the outside.

It is very possible that someone took the B 10 apart and put it back together wrong. I doubt the factory done it.

rearwheelwashers.jpg

This diagram shows for all Simplicity Landlord`s. So Allis equivalent`s would be the same.

rearwheelwashers.jpg.99a1fd5e73258e051b7e0db799078f78.jpg

In the manual it actually shows both of the setups I'm referring to but it doesn't specify to which models but for some reason there looks to be a difference I'm just curious why. I will play around and mount up my diff and if I come up with something useful in this situation I will post and include pics. Thanks for the help, you will see me on here more including an AC single plow and sickle mower I will need to semi restore.Thanks

allmodels.jpg

Here`s page E2. All three that I posted are different. If we can find two more maybe they had a different sequence for each working day.:D I have taken several apart and the were the same as my first picture. What puzzles me in the diagram above is that they need two different pictures and then state all models.

allmodels.jpg.a858c4f5e223bfa41d088d842685b9e1.jpg

I have 3 Simplicitys now 1 is a 68 3012, 68 AC b112 and a 65 AC Big Ten. How does that differential portion of the rear end get lubericated? I got 2 manuals with the 3012.

quote:Originally posted by edlincoln

I have 3 Simplicitys now 1 is a 68 3012, 68 AC b112 and a 65 AC Big Ten. How does that differential portion of the rear end get lubericated? I got 2 manuals with the 3012.

id="quote">
id="quote">There is a grease zerk on the axle tube. It can get in the differential through there.