Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

blades

yukon

i bought a deck a month ago and it had gator blades on it, my pic shows the blades and there going counter clockwise on the deck, does anyone know if this is right, this is my first set.

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG.b1ed46f0cccd63971c28a1bb703551f4.JPG

Never seen anything like that. those aren't gator blades. looks like someone hacked up a set of blades to act like gator blades.

They look like Gator Blades to me but they've been spinning backwards. That is if the front of the deck is to the right.

to the left is the front of the deck,they should be cutting with the saw teeth right. it looks like someone ground a edge on the back side of the saw teeth.should they be cutting with the saw teeth.

They look right.

The idea is they cut like normal blades, then the "saw teeth" chop up the clippings as they come off the blade.

Those do look homemade or very beat and worn.

They do not look right to me.

Gator blades, at least the ones I have used, all have the "slots/teeth" cut into the wing. These blades do not appear to have any wing left, which means there is no lift.

Plus the "teeth" on a Gator are not big shark tooth looking things but slots cut at an angle then the tips are slightly bent.

main_oep_G6.jpg

They may have started life as a Gator but, to me, it looks like they have been reworked well past their life span.