Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reproduction sickle mower parts

simpli-dragon

One of the other members is interested in having me make him the following missing parts for his sickle mower:

- Cable lift pulley bracket $40 ($50 for rounded)

- Rear chain bracket $5

- Swathboard mount $10

- Swathboard rod $15

The prices are listed after the part.

The pulley bracket that I plan to make will not have the pulley holder part curved at the base as the original, unless I can make at least six of them. I would have to make up some tooling to be able to put that radius in and that would be cost prohibitive unless we can spread out the cost.

If anyone else is interested let me know. I think he would like me to get these made in the next week or so.

Dragon

Todd

I know you were one of the guys who contacted me regarding the part I needed.

I think it awesome that you are offering to make these parts at what I consider very reasonable prices.

Be sure that you run an ad in the classified section.

I am sure some of the membership will come up with some other items that they need.

I for one want to thank you personally as well as others who have come forward to provide NLA parts for the membership.

Thanks Greg, but I do have an original. You can see in this picture the U shaped curve that was made when they stamped the piece.

lift_bracket.jpg

I didn't even notice it until I was looking closely to duplicate it.

lift_bracket.jpg.235d90e69f38267e0993907526cb62df.jpg

I also have replacement sickle cutter bars. I needed one myself and decided it would be nice to have an extra on hand so I wrote the CNC program to drill them out. The spacing for all of the rivets is pretty critical because if you get off a little bit it adds up in a hurry and then the sections don't want to fit.Here is my first one with my spare sections all mounted. I cut 3 acres with it last week...

cutter_bar.jpg

I don't have any extra sickle sections so it is just the bar with all of the rivet holes, and the three mounting holes drilled and tapped.Price = $40

cutter_bar.jpg.99d86537c4df55817dbc60197c483d6c.jpg

And even nicer to know how to use them. For the shop owner, and occasionally me, they are tools by day and toys by night :D

I have been helping him convert some old CNC machines to LinuxCNC. That is what prompted me to learn g-code for programming them. I have been involved with linux for about 10 years now. Just been learing machining the last year or so.

If you are just making one or two of something it can be faster to just do it manually, but if you want to make half a dozen or more the CNC is GREAT! It is also nice for very repetitive pieces like that cutter bar. There are 47 2" moves on 3 different offsets for that bar. To me that is a lot of hand cranking but a CNC mill will sit there and happily do it as long as you want, over and over again.

I did put an add in the classifieds as I thought perhaps that was a better place for this.