Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 4040 rear pto shaft center support bear

jumbulias

Hello all Does anyone have part number for rear pto shaft, center support bearing. I believe it is a flange bearing. Any help appreciated

• 11 months later...

TP_400_1345_00_AT_SMA is the pdf for the rear take-off catalog, if someone can direct me to instructions for posting pdfs I will do so, otherwise I find two flange bearings numbers 172423 and 175857

neither of mine have them. Don't believe I've ever seen one.

Isetta we were going to Allendale but camping took over, would have loved to stop and see your collection, someday

The 4040 used an entirely different rear PTO shaft than the later models used. The center support bearing is only used in this application.

John U

My 4040 had it, I ended up putting that shaft in my 9020 and didn't use the carrier bearing and it's worked fine so far, although the shafts out of the newer tractors are a heavier and almost twice the size in diameter

We were over at the Riverbend Steam and Gas show yesterday. Lot of fun. Those big Rumely's are amazing beasts. Guy there with a really nice Allis 720.