Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Manual for a B&S 326431

ngillespie10

Hello all!

I recently bought a Simplicity 7016 from an old widow that hadn't been run in several years and got it going with a carb rebuild. However, after mowing the lawn 2 or 3 times, it will no longer start. I'm thinking the head gasket is leaking since it is getting decent spark and fuel to the carb (but not to the cylinder, dry plug). I sprayed some soapy water around the head and found several spots where small bubbles started to form. However, now the issue is I cannot find replacement head gaskets/an engine repair manual to match the engine. In fact, I'm having issues finding much that is compatible with my engine type. I find some parts that fit the model, but not the type (usually 0190-99 come up). Does anyone know of an engine rebuild kit for this or a gasket kit? Any help would be appreciated.

Engine model: 326431

Engine Type: 0190-01

Code: 7411201

I have an engine that the type went to 99 on the parts look-up from my type 01 and the parts have all been the same. For what its worth....

Welcome to the club. If you browse the site and look into Tech Tips and Articles, you'll find Briggs engine repair manuals in two or three locations available for download and the one at the top if the forum is the antique manual for engines up to Model year 1981, That's a huge download , however 30 meg. PM me with your E-mail address and I 'll send you an older parts list for the 32 CID engine.

Bob, he doesn`t have access to the Tech Tips forum. I put a new stickey at the top of this forum so that he can download.

These part numbers fit all type numbers on your 326431 Model. It was built in 1974.

Head gasket 692231 = about $7.00.

Gasket set 299719 = about $33.00.

The "valve gasket set" 498540 = about $9.00.

also includes a head gasket.

Briggs does not offer rebuild kits. You have to order individual parts.

Gary

You should have parts manual for the 16hp. I sent it to your email. The repair manual is at the top of this forum now.