Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck arbor nut

damon91

I am in the middle of rebuilding my 42" deck for my 2010 landlord. I accidently boogered up the threads in the top arbor nut. the parts diagram says they are 3/4-16 part 2717517 and no longer available. I have been to about 6 different hardware stores and auto parts stores and even fastenal, and no one sells the locknuts with the dimples pressed in the sides like these. I just dont get it because I have seen locknuts like these on equipment everywhere, why does no one sell them... Do any of you guys know where I can get them, I need 2.

Thanks

Damon

mc master carr,tractor supply perhaps. the dimples are just a locking feature. you could use regular nuts with red lock tite,or nylock nuts even

quote:PN#: 717517 has been superceded to PN# 1922133SM , about $3.00 eaid="quote">
id="quote">

Know-it-all, show off. :D

I need a good drawing of the govener linkage on a briggs model 19 engine on a 725 Simplicity . Part of mine fell off and i cant figure out where it goes. Thanks Mreedy

quote:Originally posted by MReedy

I need a good drawing of the govener linkage on a briggs model 19 engine on a 725 Simplicity . Part of mine fell off and i cant figure out where it goes. Thanks Mreedy

id="quote">
id="quote">Simplicity doesn't have very good diagrams of throttle hook ups and I suggest you ask for a photo. Also starting a new thread will probably get you quicker results. At the top of this forum the is an antique Briggs engine manual that you can download to see if that will help you.