Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

how to improve a deere

s_stephen

First you remove the pice of tin they call a mower deck and then...

2014-07-29 20.14.34-1.jpg

you install a 54" deck from a legacy

57e059a1e9137_2014-07-2920_14.34-1.jpg.8fbb082b38a1dd5d297c2980bc53037d.jpg

Believe it, or not, it is quite common for the Deere guys to engineer attachments to make them fit their machines.

Not only for performance, but I betchya the guy spent less than half the $$ he would've needed to get a new Deere attachment.

I have $200 into the simplicity deck. my reason for changing to a simplicity deck was because of how bad the deere deck mowed even after new blades and checkin the level of the deck a dozen times. the deere deck was still in excelent shape so i sold it and got my money back for the simplicity deck and then some.

quote:Originally posted by s_stephen

I have $200 into the simplicity deck. my reason for changing to a simplicity deck was because of how bad the deere deck mowed even after new blades and checkin the level of the deck a dozen times. the deere deck was still in excelent shape so i sold it and got my money back for the simplicity deck and then some.

id="quote">
id="quote">Smart move. I've read a lot of threads in the green forum over at MTF and looked at some of the sorriest looking mowing jobs I've ever seen.Do you have a build thread somewhere? Curious how you did the drive and hitch hook-up.

I made a new hitch and used the deere gear box with a longer drive shaft i will get some more pics tonight

Do you paint the deck to match the tractor or do you paint the tractor to match the deck?

I personally like orange much better than green. :D