Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor addiction continues...I just cant say no

GLPointon

This load is from Lake Station, In.This guy lost an engine in the 3416He found the 7112 with a locked-up trans (just needs the bent screwdriver repair) and was gonna swap engines.But He couldnt figure out the changes from Briggs to Kohler so he put it all on Craigslist sm01

DSCI6746.JPG

He says the 12hp Kohler ran good...it has good compression

DSCI6750.JPG

DSCI6751.JPG

DSCI6759.JPG

I have a few of these Vac/Blowers but this is the 1st one without a lever to engage it. Maybe it was made for later models with a cone clutch?

DSCI6747.JPG

DSCI6753.JPG

THIS is what closed the deal for me; the original vac trailer cover still in working condition sm01

DSCI6763.JPG

This has a dealer tag under the seat just like my B12, its from the same dealer in Ill. called Yunker's Imp Co...

DSCI6757.JPG

DSCI6746.JPG.05192d7beec0eb8972a1380436739cc7.JPG

DSCI6750.JPG.666fcf752d8c205058f04dc02f9e81d6.JPG

DSCI6751.JPG.d9c0248c3a07b0880015cae06ad221f8.JPG

DSCI6759.JPG.e99ad3a60f36e9aad4882c20b5fe72d3.JPG

DSCI6747.JPG.da88368d7866ef4d849464b35bb8d45f.JPG

DSCI6753.JPG.5f47b1f6f872df7054967bb7cb948660.JPG

DSCI6763.JPG.e475ac3673e1b9bda326fafc52a2d1c9.JPG

DSCI6757.JPG.f707e2314b1cd582bdee530fb715447b.JPG

SweeeeeeeeeT dOddOd

Real nice haul!

What are the odds its from the same dealer? Pretty kool8D

I forgot the extras...

Both have the OEM rear lift cables and the 3416 has the Electric Lift. It also has the Headlight buckets with 4 good bulbs. There is also a 42" Mower deck in good condition

Originally posted by fishnwiz
quote:

id="quote">id="quote">Great way to put it mark...about the only way I can AVOID bringing home tractors is to go cold-turkey on CL. Then I start getting calls and email..."I have an old Simplicity/Allis _______, want it?"

Wow

It must be nice to have people call YOU with the tractors. That explains how come the astronauts claim they can see your tractors from space!:D

I too am addicted to CL!

If you start saying "no" and stop buying tractors, that would make you a quitter. And nobody likes a quitter.

A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.

I won't quit, but will have to slow down until I start selling some of the collection. I think these 2 brings my inventory up to 23 Tractors and over 30 attachments. sm00 (Actually, its 22 tractors and my wife's MTD PoS :D)

quote:Originally posted by huffy

If you start saying "no" and stop buying tractors, that would make you a quitter. And nobody likes a quitter. A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.

id="quote">
id="quote">

You're making me feel bad. I'm down to 2. And I've pretty much decided to put the Sunstar up for sale. I wanna buy a new 2 wheeled toy, and the SS is in it's parking spot :)

I was down to 15 a few months ago...now I am back up to low 20s...dam CL!:(!

Josh sets a poor example...It's part his fault!|) I

I should have known better when I tried his screwdriver up the nose trick. Darn that hurt!sm00

Get something set up so you don't have to subject your wife to using the MTD PoS and she will start to understand why you haul your machines home.:D:D

Yes, a addition to the new shop must be in order, before he has to start parking them outside under the big roof

Tom

I have a hard time keeping up with more than 20 (did I really just say that?). I think there are 25 out there now...sold 5 in August! I used to change oil, etc, like clockwork when I had 2 or 3. Now I haven't a clue how to keep them all up to date. No idea how much use each one sees...I run them all for joyrides and various tasks (that are made up, and don't necessarily NEED to be done with a tractor), but usually just change fluids cuz I feel bad.

That, and the fact that I have waaay too much lead out there in batteries. We all know those are like gold.

If the hobby didn't pay for itself, I'd have a lot more space to store kid stuff in the shop. I keep telling my wife, some day I'll sell all the tractors and go buy my duramax without borrowing from our checking account.

I have two here to deliver to new owners in LaPorte, and a couple more someone needs to come grab...seriously. At least 3 of various vintages that need to find new homes.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I have a hard time keeping up with more than 20 (did I really just say that?). I think there are 25 out there now...

id="quote">
id="quote">It makes me laugh hysterically every time I got to his house. He's got like 400 square foot of lawn to mow, and about 30 feet of driveway to plow, and he's got 25 tractors and every attachment ever made. :D

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Batteries are like gold. 15.00 for deep cycle. 11 for reg batts. Wish I had a bunch of them!

id="quote">
id="quote">Well, when you put it in terms of BEER MONEY.... sm00

Josh I only watch PM's on the 4 tractors I run regularly. The problem I have with ALL of mine is keeping good gasoline in them. The Sta-bil Ethanol fix helps but I still have to drain gas that is over a few months old. Living in a high air pollution region, the gasolines here SUCK!Ethanol 10 gas (standard gas) used to be fine but in the last year it has changed...about a 1 month storage life now, or your running on 3/4 choke to keep it going ngr2ps...will you have trailer space to bring that Landlord down to LaPorte for me sm01 I hope so, I have your stuff stored here for you too...(I almost put the Seat on my Deutz-Allis sm00)

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I have a hard time keeping up with more than 20 (did I really just say that?). I think there are 25 out there now...sold 5 in August! I used to change oil, etc, like clockwork when I had 2 or 3. Now I haven't a clue how to keep them all up to date. No idea how much use each one sees...I run them all for joyrides and various tasks (that are made up, and don't necessarily NEED to be done with a tractor), but usually just change fluids cuz I feel bad

id="quote">
id="quote">

Im going to setup early friday and head home friday nite. Ill bring down the LL and a couple other items for folks sat morning.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

I was down to 15 a few months ago...now I am back up to low 20s...dam CL!:(!Josh sets a poor example...It's part his fault!|) I I should have known better when I tried his screwdriver up the nose trick. Darn that hurt!sm00

id="quote">
id="quote">I love posts like this so I can show my wife that there are other wives out there with much wackier husbands than me.:D I only have 5.

Nice haul Greg. I like the looks of the early RBT's someday I'll have one when I get more funds. Running out of room though with 7 tractors total. 2 of them I'm trying to flip but they may not sell too well one's a 93 MTD & the other is a 82 Sears lawn tractor. sm02

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

I won't quit, but will have to slow down until I start selling some of the collection. I think these 2 brings my inventory up to 23 Tractors and over 30 attachments. sm00 (Actually, its 22 tractors and my wife's MTD PoS :D)

id="quote">
id="quote">Greg, I think you have caught up to Ken with 23, but one of these days The ladies will get even, and you'll find half the garage filled with "Pink MTDs"!}:):lvsW