Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Alice-Chalmers Big Ten

EDS

My grandson, age 15 and I are restoring a Big Ten previously posted under the topic “ Alice-Chalmers B 10 “. We are not finished , but have only had two days every two weeks. I wanted to report the status and ask a few question. Here is our current status. One of the problems is that we do not have a manual for the tractor. I have spent hours looking and have not been successful. If anybody could send me one or a link to one, I would very much appreciate it. Edstoller at earthlink dot net .There is a hood latch shown below. We only have one and need another. Help would be appreciated.There is a lever by the left rear axle. It looks like it is an incomplete slip belt clutch for the rear PTO. Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Big10Bsm.jpg

HoodlatchSM.jpg

UnknownSm.jpg

Big10Bsm.jpg.10a77bf3b2d3246cba3200f3d4591e9d.jpg

HoodlatchSM.jpg.8ad0aa3454822bfada76566758c7c5b6.jpg

UnknownSm.jpg.a23a8c897470ba5ba9a3b401d9a291b3.jpg

The lever is for the spring tension to the center pto.

As for hood T bolts, you actually need 4 for a set, so if you have 1 you are 3 short. The flat bar and spring you have on the one shown are for the front, 2 each, and the rear takes just the T bolt threaded into a nut welded to the dash.

As far as I know, these are no longer available, best bet is ebay or another member selling a set.

2025060 or 2025061 is the manufacturer number for a Big Ten

Those cross to Simplicity 990350 and 990351.

You can download manuals for the Simplicity numbers a few topics up.

Simplicity Product Support & Manuals Link

If you actually want a true Allis Manual, just keep searching, they show up occassionally