Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7000 Series snowblade on 300 Series?

Chris727

Has anyone had any success attaching a 7000/7100 series dozer blade onto a 300 Series Allis? I know the original 300 Series blades had longer subframe that attached further back on the tractor. I know I had one of these blades on a 400 Series but they use a different front axle.

Thank you for any information.

You can successfully attach almost anything, the fabrication needed for a 7000/300 swap should not be that hard, I would start by looking at the manual of the 300 series tractor blade and see the frame mounting brackets and how to replicate them to add support for mounting the 7000 blade

I actually have some of the rear brackets but fabrication is not an option in this case as its for someone else.

So do they have the tractor, and you have the blade, or visa-a-versa? I don't know how to help, if some fabrication is not an option then I doubt it can work, I mean, I don't know how you would even pin it without brackets, and it would be way out front and might not be stable or strong enough to withstand the stress of plowing snow or dirt. Even with brackets using bolts or a rod it would only be 5/16" hole in the 7000 blade mount hole, I gues you could enlarge the hole to 1/2 or 5/8 and use a solid rod from the brackets through the blade, still would be weak

The 300/400 series AC tractor blades were designed to mount to the tractor frame behind the axle using the bolt on frame plates.

The 400 series axles should have the same hitch spacing as Simplicity, so one might be able to get away with pinning a simplicity dozer right on.

The 300 series, however, had a different axle with different spacing. One would have to weld new mounts to the axle to mount a simplicity blade & hope axle was able to stand the stress(and do it without messing up or interfering with the original mower mounts)

OR..

Lengthen the simplicity blade hitch and make the mount tabs taller, and make brackets to attach to the tractor frame to pin the blade to.

OR...

Make a interim adaptor bracket to pin to existing axle that has its own blade mounts on it.(again hoping axle could handle the stress)

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

The 300/400 series AC tractor blades were designed to mount to the tractor frame behind the axle using the bolt on frame plates.The 400 series axles should have the same hitch spacing as Simplicity, so one might be able to get away with pinning a simplicity dozer right on.The 300 series, however, had a different axle with different spacing. One would have to weld new mounts to the axle to mount a simplicity blade & hope axle was able to stand the stress(and do it without messing up or interfering with the original mower mounts) OR..Lengthen the simplicity blade hitch and make the mount tabs taller, and make brackets to attach to the tractor frame to pin the blade to.OR...Make a interim adaptor bracket to pin to existing axle that has its own blade mounts on it.(again hoping axle could handle the stress)

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Sam for making it much clearer, I just don't know how we can help if fabrication is off the table

I should have been more specific. I knew I had swapped a 312 deck onto my 416H and it pinned right on, so I assumed the attaching points were the same. I have used a Simplicity blade on the 416. Yes I have the blade and he has the tractor (AC 310). I will just suggest he keep looking for the correct blade. Thanks guys.

Been a while, but I think the difference in axle pin points is only something like 7/8". I think I have used a 400 series deck on a 300 series or vise versa (crs) by bending the hitch arms slightly on the front of the deck with a crescent wrench. Been years since I last rebuilt a 300 series...

You could measure and have him measure and see what the difference is. Might be able to bend the blades hitch arms if he is desperate, though it would be better to bend with a torch in 2 spots so as to not be pinned in on an angle.

Like I said though, the blades were engineered to be used off the frame on those tractors..