Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Decals

spyder400k

HI its about the decal service thats click it and stick it or vintage reproductions. passwords why? why do i need a password to buy decals.as far as i can see anything with a password is a information hwy to selling your information. for me i think not. for me i own 50 plus tractors also do restorations. Nate its your loss. reguards Dennis Thiel.

It probably pulls your name and addy up. I think there are discounts the more you order. I would not be concerned, its not like he is a walmart!:D

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

The only password I ever need there is paypal to pay that way ???

id="quote">
id="quote"> Thats what i said i pay with pay pal? and ask why a password as of yet no reply from nate? its been a week or so he said in a email just tell me what you need and ill get them to you. and my reply was its going to be wrong in someway this way. why passwords? ive ordered before with some sucess on there stuff, just dont need more passwords in my life on a hobby. so im now looking into spending some lute to own my own decal machine as we speek.ill keep you posted.

I guess I don't understand. If you establish an account with them, you setup a username and password, same as here. But you don't have to. It provides access to your stored info, that you choose to file with them. If you don't want an account, don't set one up, but it sure speeds things.

I had emails from Nate yesterday and this morning. I work with them on decals because they are by far the easiest. It's not a password/hobby thing, it's a retail/ecommerce thing. If you don't want to use a password, call or email him with all your info and order what you need.

Because I established an account, my order yesterday (a custom order at that) took MAYBE 3 minutes out of my day. Today, I changed the order, which can be a real nitemare with some retailers, and it took less than 1 minute. I don't see how it could get easier.

Love their product too...I can't imagine how long it would take me, and how much I would have to invest, to make my own reproduction decals. Nate nails everything on the head...and the finished product is 10/10. I've used some local decal folks, and the product just doesn't match up to original stuff I'm trying to replicate. If I made them, it would probably be like a 4 year old with crayons.

well yes i have a id and password. but why do i need one in the first place, and if i pay with paypal its a no brainer your info is on the transaction but they cant use that, and hes not perfect made mistake with my orders before. he made them right in the end. my view is tracking its all about the info not the decals.

The user name/password also saves your order history which is very helpful for similar restoration in the future.

I too have done LOTS of buisness with them. Their customer service is second to none. The user acct is for your conveinance (history, shipping info, so they can contact you if needed...) but is not required at all...

I'm SURE if you give them a chance to help you, with a custom or restoration decal, you'll be sold too sm01

quote:Originally posted by spyder400k

well yes i have a id and password. but why do i need one in the first place, and if i pay with paypal its a no brainer your info is on the transaction but they cant use that, and hes not perfect made mistake with my orders before. he made them right in the end. my view is tracking its all about the info not the decals.

id="quote">
id="quote"> I completely understand your concern with passwords and tracking/information sharing and so forth but the unfortunate reality is that is will only get worse, that's the downside to the improving technology of the future!:(!B)XX(Dan

best of my knowlage its the guy who does the decals,he replys to emails when he wants to, but has as yet to respond so i can only guess the server cost are reduced by letting them do what ever with the data they collect. but when the box arrives it says cory? its not just them its all of the sites ebays the worst by far. after looking into the decal thing its doable the machines cheap the software is the key. and anyway i flew model airplanes for 45yrs or so so i know vinal gurus in the plane world. just to bad its not gonna work for me. good products not a issue at all.cop

I think Cory started the buisness but Nate has designed the last few decals I commissined.

In my opinion accusing them of selling our info is wrong, without proof it just seems paranoid.

quote:Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

Who is Nate?John U

id="quote">
id="quote">John, Nate is the partner to Cory, and is the front man, interfacing to the customer, Cory is (to speakof) the production manager.Wayne

ok you can take your opion on wether your info is your or theres but im saying no its a no go for me and yes i tryed to get some custom stuff done from them in the past here of resent they turned it down said they could not get it done? but what i did get redone was my 42in earthcavtor decals redid after a week of so of emailing back and fourth they get done and great they look good till i get them home there not the right size so its another reason im not attending the 100th allis show this yr i could not finish up the main attraction and its not worth the effort to get them fixed.and another thing out of the 12 or so orders hes been wrong on 3 with me at this point.1 order from ebay 1 order from the web site and 1 from a custom so im going to invest in a software program and take my file to a decant graficfs location and get it redone on the spot i can ck it for what it needs from there once the cad file is generated im golden in my view dont need a machine in this format its not any cheaper just a little more controlable let the store do the work the machine you choise to use layer is a pain you want 1 pass decals and i think the quility will be good enuff for me.

I notice when I am on My Tractor Forum. If I was on ebay, Grainger, MCMaster Carr, ect. before I go to My tractor forum. Those sites I visited show up in their ads. Not sure how they are tracking people but they do. It is probably Google doing it some how.

It is tracked by the site adding something called a "cookie" to your temporary cache. You can set your computer to deny cookies but then it has to reload from the site each and every time. Or, you could go to internet options each and every time you change sites and clear the tempory file. Its the age we live in. Its all about convienience. If concerned, google and yahoo gather much more information about your surfing habits then anyone else.

I'm in IT and it is just they way it is if you are going to buy online anymore. I went to their website and all they want is name, address and email. I sure I can find your address myself unless Dennis Thiel isn't your real name? As far as the email goes you can do like many others do and open a gmail account and use it on these sites.

Was you going to send him a check through the mail or use a card? Most people use their cards like I do and that is the real threat of online buying. Big deal,...who can't deal with a little more spam in their inbox..LOL

8D

Oh yea, I can't believe that a decal would change your plans on going to a great event like the 100th. There is alot of us that would be happy for the chance to go.

Take a deep breath and say it will be alright.

its called homepagehighjacker its on your pc if you bought a pc after 09. its on every surch engine yahoo ebay bing aol . and yes it is about how the final product looks for me anyway sence i started the earthcavtior decals a yr earlier chris knows that anyway everybody has a hb but not everyones seen a earthcavtor. i would also like to find the right color code for the paint. did 19,000 miles on the tractor trail last yr how about you.

Sad that technology gets in the way of a tractor hobby!:D Just teasin spyder. Do what you feel comfortable with, its your money and you vote with it when you spend it. Heck, you may open a decal shop once you get the stuff!:D

• 1 month later...

I had a local guy looking for decals who does not use the Internet. I checked and there is no phone number available on the website. There's a lost sale.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

I had a local guy looking for decals who does not use the Internet. I checked and there is no phone number available on the website. There's a lost sale.

id="quote">
id="quote">I tried to find a phone number to call them since I was surprised to find no way (that I could see) to add the model/serial number info after I had already finished the order with paypal. I did email tehem, but their response came the day before the decal

Their phone number is (262) 644-8553. You can order decals over the phone as long as you have the item numbers of the decals you want.