Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Blade

rfsmith1952

I got lucky and picked up a sno blade on ebay for $56. I thought I posted it on Talking tractors, but I see it's on "what's it worth" I did not receive any notice from club management that my post was in error and moved, so I guess I put it in the wrong department. I have a good idea it's worth more than i paid for it. The question is will it go on the Allis built homelite T-12?

plow02.jpg

plow01.jpg

Plow3.jpg

plow02.jpg.8fe168fe757ab3a655946d4a88b88f33.jpg

plow01.jpg.2ec4c00cb00424cab42a41b0e7b47d10.jpg

Plow3.jpg.0362ec5288d563770cd97a62bbdee5e4.jpg

Great steal BOB, I wish my 42" dozer blade was a spring trip blade to use in grading, and back-dragging my stone driveway. Have fun with this new accessory. Couple this blade with the hitch from a 46" spring trip blade, and you would be able to adjust the blade angle from the drivers seat.

Cheers,

Wayne

It will work on your T-12 with some modifications to the hitch.

Unfortunatly, all spring trip blades do not have the angle from the seat capability, and this is one that does not.

A very good deal none the less.

John U

Thanks. I have a 36'" blade on the T-10 - no trip springs, light duty, but pushes snow well, and I graded a bit with it. If anyone would wnat it. My other thought was to convert that one itno the belly plow.

Bob,As John stated, the hitch connection is the issue; the spacing is different. You'll only need the lower, longer part of the hitch with the 2 ears that stick up. For an A/C built Homelite, the ears are bent out 3/8" on each side to fit in the Homelite frame rails. When I use my Homelite blade on my Simplicity tractors, I put one ear in the proper location and the other on the outside of the rail. I then use a longer hitch pin for that side. The setup isn't perfectly centered, but works OK. I would think you could do the same thing, but the ear would be inside rather than outside rail. Here's a pic of my Homelite hitch (pic was to compare new RBT hitch to old FDT hitch):

IMG_5609a.jpg

I think your blade/hitch is the same or similar to this one:

IMG_4507a.jpg

If your hitch has the "extra" stops (for safety I believe) near the ears, they may have to be cut off for an install on the Homelite.Here's a pic of the blade installed on my T-12:

BladeLever_001.jpg

I also have electronic copies of the Homelite 42", 46" front blades and belly blade manuals if you'd like them for reference.

IMG_5609a.jpg.5f457e1282ff6b0d2fa70d5c2a4a1cb4.jpg

IMG_4507a.jpg.2a4de15e5cfcf55d99270150ed9c7cf8.jpg

BladeLever_001.jpg.f7fd8d2c57a811a1b228f4ddfe20aa89.jpg

Thanks Bill. I think I can turn the old 36 into a belly plow by removing the lift arm, and cutting down the snow blade. I think then you would use the same cable that lifts the deck to lift the blade when not in use. A belly blade just went for $260 on Ebay, so if I can modify the old light duty plow into a belly blade for the T-10, that would be a really well-spent 56 bucks.

I understand what you mean by jimmying the ears. I had thought about using washers or spacers made from plumbing stuff. I 'm sure it's going to work.

P.S. Joe Bastardi says brutal winter on the way. Most weather guys wait till November to predict. I should have both tractors operational, a T-12 with a plow, and the T-10 with a blower. I need some chains for the T-12 though.