Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy

spyder400k

I heard some other bad news the other day from my simplicity dealer, they cut the production of the high dollar legacey, wanna know why? to compete with the box store tractors again at lowes and home depot it wont be built by simplicity however mose likley yanmar is the best guess on the builder. date not yet set on dilevery?

Unfortunately it's the sign of the times. I heard awhile back that the diesel Legacy XL was done but not all the models. That's interesting. Now I'm anxious to see what they have planned! Thanks for the news!

Yanmar has made many great products for John Deere. It has been said that the legacy was expensive but the latest pricing put it within several hundred dollars of the decked out Prestige.

There is alot of compitition out there. even within our brand.

People yrs ago bought a good garden tractor to mow, garden & blow/plow snow, etc...

NOW, we have every brand of "Zero-turns" and even the MTD "throw-aways" for just mowing, and fewer people are gardening than 50 yrs ago, so fewer "Garden tractors" and more lawn mowers are being sold...imo C

The legacy is a nice machine, but too pricey, its competition has more power and more capabilities. It fit a nitch market that has all but faded. I am not knocking it, just no way I would buy a new one. I would go kubota. Its a business cycle. I dont doubt the prestige will move up a little and be more capable in its absense. Of all the machines, I still like the landlord dlx or pretige for snowthrowing and mowering, and a sovereign for the grunt work.

Of any machine I have had, the Legacy beats them all. Now, I havent had a Prestige, but its apples to oranges with the build of a Legacy. Different beasts.

Mike pretty much nailed it above...the market just doesnt support the platform anymore. Its to be expected. For the $, there are legit scuts out there. The Legacy is a Super GT, not a SCUT. It will do most of the same work if properly outfitted but is a far cry from the build of a common SCUT.

I think they will farm it out to Yanmar, since they lost Cub, and build a Jap SCUT under the brand for a similar price point. More bang for the buck but at a loss of the general homeowner consumer.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Of any machine I have had, the Legacy beats them all. Now, I havent had a Prestige, but its apples to oranges with the build of a Legacy. Different beasts.Mike pretty much nailed it above...the market just doesnt support the platform anymore. Its to be expected. For the $, there are legit scuts out there. The Legacy is a Super GT, not a SCUT. It will do most of the same work if properly outfitted but is a far cry from the build of a common SCUT.I think they will farm it out to Yanmar, since they lost Cub, and build a Jap SCUT under the brand for a similar price point. More bang for the buck but at a loss of the general homeowner consumer.

id="quote">
id="quote">What's a SCUT?:I