Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift switch wiring question

DMKNLD

I need some "Wiring for Dummies" help. The switch on my 7114's 1690392 group electric lift burned out, and after getting the burnt switch out I found one of the black colored double wire leads with a push connector on the non-switch end of the wire that wasn't connected to anything. It looks like a male spade is broken off in the female connector, but I couldn't find any male spade terminals that it might connect to that were missing or broken off. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that 6 terminal switch, or can advise what it might connect to?

Here's what I see on my switch terminals - it has yellow and red wires that go to the actuator from the middle 2 switch terminals, a single green and single black wire on one end of the switch that I'm guessing go to the ground and the ignition, and it has doubled green and doubled black wires on the other terminals on the opposite end of the switch. One of those doubled black wires is the one that is not connected to anything, the other black wire from the same terminal loops back to another terminal on the switch.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ray. The lift kit manual shows the single black and green wires that go to the terminal board and the ground, which is how those same wires on my switch were connected, but the manual doesn't show where the double black and green wires connect to.

Was the OEM switch a single pole 4 terminal that the prior owner rewired in a 6 terminal double pole momentary switch ?