Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Landlord 2210 Replacement Engine

marty22877

Does anyone know what will fit in a 1969 Simplicity Landlord 2210 in place of the Briggs and Stratton 243431 10hp model?

10-16 hp briggs or (gasp) kohlers. There may be a slight mod, but all go in. I put a 16 in my 64 landlord. I put a 12hp in my 2210.

quote:was it one of the older engines with points? or are we talking a newer engine?id="quote">
id="quote">

Either will fit and work. Slight wiring changes are the only difference.

• 6 years later...
On 8/9/2014 at 6:51 AM, Burntime said:

10-16 hp briggs or (gasp) kohlers. There may be a slight mod, but all go in. I put a 16 in my 64 landlord. I put a 12hp in my 2210.

can you tell me what B&S 12 hp you used on the 2210 ?

I have 2 2110's & was wondering the same thing. Both motors are 52 years old. The motor would have to be horizontal shaft with slotted key for snowblower pulley mount for me personally.  I would like at least 12hp, my 10hp struggles to blow snow for my 42" blower.

I would suggest any of the old B&S 32 cu.in. single cylinder engines, Model 320421-14HP , Model 325431-15HP or Model 326431 or 326437-16 HP. The first 2 number of the Model No. designates the cu.in. Also the 32 cu.in. cylinder heads had raised cooling fins above the cylinder. Find one with the original 3-9/16" bore as a 0.020" over piston is available.

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 1

Even the 30 cubes of a 12 (13) hp Briggs is quite a jump in performance from the 24 cube 10hp. I'm not exactly sure that you can't over bore a 30xxxx to get a 32xxxx piston to fit.

For the record. I've got two 30 cube Briggs engines with OEM heads with raised fins. 3112V and 3314H.

I've bought 2 new engines at Small Engine Warehouse.  Careful measuring and shopping paid off. They both fit my application (walk-behind leafblower & small frame Simp) and I would/will do it again as needed.

15 hours ago, landlord2110 said:

Is there new engines that you can buy that will work for the 2110?

I wonder what this guy is running? It isn't a flat head.

Edited by kwt

Wow, I'm jealous of the work that went into the Quick Attach bucket, forks, both for the front and back.

Wished he had some build videos to study.

But if he did not reinforce or bridge the BGB somehow, It will eventually be toast.

Edited by GregB

Can anyone give me a number on the 16 HP Briggs & Stratton engine put in a 2110 Landlord ?

Edited by Jay Williford

On 11/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, Bill725 said:

B&S 32 cu.in. single cylinder engines, Model 320421-14HP , Model 325431-15HP or Model 326431 or 326437-16 HP. The f

from Bill725 posting above.

Edited by GregB