Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vari shift questions

sdhdcouple

was the Vari shift and option you added to a tractor or was it a transmission choice from the factory? All the info I look thru in the 700 series I only see three options: Hydro, shuttle and 6 speed. does anyone have the info on the Vari speed?

thanks

The Simplicity 6216 and the Allis T816 had vari-drive. Three speed tranny with variable speed in each gear. These were made in early 80's. I have the T816 and love the vari-drive. Factory installed, don't believe you could add this to any other tractor.

Steve

The Simplicity 3300 series could be had with the vari-drive but I have never seen one on a Allis branded tractor after the 300/400 series! Kinda an odd fact but I thought I would mention it, but not trying to say you're incorrect because you're not!:I

quote:Originally posted by oldsarge

Factory choice abandoned after the 300 series.Shuttles are the nutz for snoblowingsm00

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sorry Peppy and Steve,he said 700 so I didn't even address the little guy LTs.The 300 was the last AC with 21 speed available LOLsm00